Team Summit Next Week

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Next week is Dish Networks annual Team Summit event, which this year will be held in Denver.

Team Summit is Dish Network's annual Pow Wow for Dish Network retailers where they announce their plans for whats going to be going on at Dish Network over the next year.

And while the majority of information is information for retailers to improve their business, there is information released which could be released that is of use to the consumers.

In the past years a number things have been announced at Team Summit, such things as Eastern Arc, Dish 1000, Dish 1000.4, DTV Pal and even the upcoming 922 (then called the 722s) was announced at Team Summit.

So with Team Summit coming up next week (The event starts on Thursday) what kind of things would you like to see announced next week at Team Summit?

I would like to see Dish announce that they will be allocating more TP space to HD RSN's and therefore all HD games will be shown in HD!

Yes that will be interesting to see if they say anything about that. At last years Team Summit they said a number of HD RSN's would be 24/7 by the end of the year. (Which did not happen.)

I would like to see Dish announce that they will be allocating more TP space to HD RSN's and therefore all HD games will be shown in HD!

ditto to that,
plus the addition of more national hd, including speed, fx, outdoor channel.

Now that 24/7 Noggin is forthcoming, all that's left that I want is MLB Network, and I know that's one that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Aside from that, perhaps adding my local digital subchannels would be nice. I have to pay for the SuperStation Pack to get MyNetwork TV, when a Topeka station airs it as a digital subchannel.

Yes that will be interesting to see if they say anything about that. At last years Team Summit they said a number of HD RSN's would be 24/7 by the end of the year. (Which did not happen.)

This will be my first "Team Summit" info, since moving to the Dish Network side. Any positive news would be nice, but if I had to be picky about it 24/7 HD RSN would be nice I guess. Though so far so good with the Detroit Tiger games that were to be in HD, I have been getting it in HD

Charlie will announce " All of my csr's will be speaking English and btw, will know what they are talking about."

Directv is expanding their local HD (CW, MyNetwork, PBS, etc). It would be nice to see Dish Network follow suit.

Charlie will announce " All of my csr's will be speaking English and btw, will know what they are talking about."[/QUOTE

This would be nice only if they speak clear to understand English.

I was on the phone with a credit card csr the other night and I could hardly understand a word she was saying due to her southern, ebonic (not trying to be racisist here so chill out), lack of education, vocabulary. I was praying for someone from India by the middle of the call.

Any announcement of additional national HD - FX in particular, as well as the addition of LOGO... I was really hoping when the Viacom HDs came online, we would have gotten LOGO - yes, it's an SD channel, but it would make some of us very happy.

Three TMP HD channels released. AK/HI HD HD channels released. AK/HI HD Dishes released. The 622/722 lineup can now play streaming video from your PC over the network, ISO, Divx, including HD content, ;)

And of course I can dream... Turbo HD and Absolute HD customers get the HD channels they missed out on previously.

And I'll go ahead and say it for the others. Speed, FX, and Logo channels.

That they are going to make the Turbo HD packages correspond with their SD/HD packages, instead of arbitrarily adding channels to the Turbo packages
I think this is one of the most important questions for dealers.

The Fisher thing is pretty big too but I don't see them holding out that kind of an announcement for the Team Summit.

I'd like to hear that they upped the leased tuner limit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)