Team Summit Next Week

Like to see them announce that they reached a deal with Tivo to bring a hd tivo dvr and too get rid or least let you turn off the pesky screen saver. Also to bring more hd national channels.

screw tivo

Like to see them announce that they reached a deal with Tivo to bring a hd tivo dvr and too get rid or least let you turn off the pesky screen saver. Also to bring more hd national channels.

I hope that they keep making Tivo waste $$. Maybe Tivo will go bankrupt before long. I don't like the attitude of Tivo "if it's a DVR then it must be something we came up with". Announcement that they will dump all the MPEG 2 in the next year.

How about Dish stealing TWC slogan and become the only Sat company with the home of free HD. Subscribe to the Top 250 and get all the corresponding HD channels for free. Do the same to the Top 200 and 100, etc.

I like to have the abilit to order the Superstation package, RSN Package, or have the local RSN available to those of us that have prepaid because now they require a name/address/telephone #/zip code to have a prepaid account.

No SS# or CC needed, but they have enough info(plus, the PD301's can be connected to a phoneline to make sure it is where it is supposed to be) to allow those options.

Maybe even locals, PPV, on a prepay basis, but i doubt that.

TV2 to IR Converter

I would like to see an announcement of a firm availability date for the TV2 to IR converter, which was:
* announced at last years Team Summit (the 2008 Team Summit)
* advertised as "coming soon" by Dish since 9/2008

I would like to see an announcement of a firm availability date for the TV2 to IR converter, which was:
* announced at last years Team Summit (the 2008 Team Summit)
* advertised as "coming soon" by Dish since 9/2008

:up +1

I'd like to see announcements that you can actually come back and tell us about that are of worth. Not "we heard great news at TS, but the requirements of hearing the news where that we could not tell you the news" :)

I'd like to see announcements that you can actually come back and tell us about that are of worth. Not "we heard great news at TS, but the requirements of hearing the news where that we could not tell you the news" :)
We normally do tell you everything, but we dont tell you things from the PRIVATE meetings which are why they are called Private Meetings. :)

I am a retailer who works with a lot of very high end customers. These are people who don't want to be hassled or deal with details. I usually have no contact with the actual customers, and work through their adminstrative assistant or the estate manager etc. So here are some announcements that would help my business and Dish's bottom line alot.

1) Customers allowed to have more than six receivers on an account. I have many properties requiring more than one account with Dish because of this, but with DirecTV This is not an issue.
2) The audit team has been abolished, or at least retasked to help put an end to the FTA hackers. I have had several extremely wealthy customers shut off their Dish service just because they didn't want or have the time to talk to these A$$holes and they were pissed to be accused of theft. Audit team will only talk to the customer in person, they don't care if the customer is in europe on business, and won't be back for weeks, they just shut off the account. They don't care that the customer lives in the UAE and only visits their Palm Beach home for a couple of weeks in the winter they just shut off the account. Great customers paying huge bills to Dish down the drain.

Other announcements I would like to see.

3) Major improvements to DishOnline.
4) HowardTV

I'd like to see them make some kind of statement justifying outsourced CSRs, since they seem to be a major cause of customer dissatisfaction, and there's a growing trend (the airlines pioneered it) in bringing CSR jobs back to the US because the resentment caused isn't worth the savings.

Also I'd like to know what their plans are for one-room SD receivers, since they can't just keep re-manufacturing 301/311/381s forever.

So with Team Summit coming up next week (The event starts on Thursday) what kind of things would you like to see announced next week at Team Summit?

Ask Charlie if he's coming back to Gaylord Texas next year for the Summit! I'd love to see him, you, and the Prize Goddess again!!

Tom in TX

I think that the Big announcement this year will be a Dish tuner for Windows Media PCs. I've been hearing about that thing for years in bits and pieces. I think this year it will finally see the light of day. It might even just use ethernet to connect the PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts