Team Summit Next Week

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It may be a pissing contest but Chuckles made the point on a Chat a few years ago, that the addition of YES would result in a price increase for all subs and for that reason, YES would not be added unless the asking price changed. At the time I think he may have mentioned how much per sub YES wanted in his response. Maybe it's in the archives here somewhere. I don't remember if the Chat was pre Sat Guys or not. If not, it may be at DBSTalk somewhere. That also goes back to when E* package prices were quite a bit cheaper than they are now. I agree it is confounding how all other providers can manage to come to terms. This type of thing is always hard to understand since we lack any real information for comprehending what's going on. I certainly don't trust Charlie's words about anything.

Why for all subs? This is not a channel that would be on the top 200 or other regular package. Isn't this a pay per channel subscription meaning you pay extra $ just to add YES. If so wouldn't they just charge the subs of YES what they needed to cover their costs?

Why for all subs? This is not a channel that would be on the top 200 or other regular package. Isn't this a pay per channel subscription meaning you pay extra $ just to add YES. If so wouldn't they just charge the subs of YES what they needed to cover their costs?

I think it's categorized as a RSN. RSNs are included with all Classic packages Bronze and above and all Turbo packages Silver and above. E* would only pay for the subs within the YES area I would presume and those subscribing to the all sports package maybe. Actually if they could get all the RSNs moved out of the tiers and made as premiums that might solve a lot of problems. Good luck though on getting that approved by the sports teams' owners that want the guaranteed revenue from the larger sub basis.

kschwi,
On one of the Chats, Dish (Charlie?) said they offered to put Yes up, make it a la carte at Yes' price, and allow Yes to keep all the subscription revenue. They chose to hold out for being in a basic package meaning the whole country would be paying for one region to have yet another RSN. Also see Laddyboy's last sentence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)