DN 510 PVR DN wont activate for me (leased)

bronco4u2

Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Stupid me, I purchased a DN510 PVR off of eBay, got it tonight and tried to get it activated. Was told by CS that the unit had a big balance on it (about $500) and that it was a leased unit and it couldnt be activated. That I should contact eBay security (lot of good thats going to do...)

Is there anyway I can get it activated?? or am I out my money I paid for it???

I have been a long time customer to DN, and think they should be able to do something!!

Any help would be appreciated.. feeling real stupid (and pissed) right about now. :mad:

Contact the seller and see if it can be returned, a legit seller should take it back unless it was in the description that it could have a balance and may not be activated. If that does not work, at least leave negative feedback to warn others of the scam.

Did the auction actually list the item as no balance or did it say that they didnt know anything about it and sold as is? You have to read very carefully when purchasing satellite receivers off of eBay.

You could post the link to the eBay auction. Then, we could see if there is anything that might help you and/or point out warning signs to watch for in any auction involving satellite receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts