DN Tips Screen Saver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cruiser83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Hello,

Upgraded my folks to a 625 DVR this week. I went over yesterday to give them a quick DVR lesson and noticed that when you power off the receiver the TV goes to snow and does not go to the Dish Network "screen saver" prompting you to push "select" to watch TV.

This strikes me as odd that this screen would not be present. I did the power button reboot twice. Looked over all the settings I could think of to turn this feature on, could not find anything. Told them that perhaps after it did the 3am update perhaps it would work, but as of today still not working.

I know in the grand scheme it is really no big deal, but it just bothers me it not functioning, makes me worry there could be a software issue, or ??
Anyone have this happen before, anyone have any ideas how or what I should do to fix it?

Thank You.

Sounds like they are hooked up over coax instead of composite (Yellow Red White) or SVIDEO cables.

When you hit the power button the receiver turns off the the RF output modulator, but it keeps the other outputs on. Thats why the other outputs see the screen saver, while the coax output shuts off.

Thanks for the info Scott. You are absolutely correct they are just hooked up via coax, that must be what's going on.

That makes me feel better, I'm glad there is not some other issue going on that will cause them problems.

Thanks for the info Scott. You are absolutely correct they are just hooked up via coax, that must be what's going on.

That makes me feel better, I'm glad there is not some other issue going on that will cause them problems.

When I had my 625 hooked up with coax after I would turn the DVR off(Standby) I

could bring up the screen saver by pressing the TV/Video button on the remote control.;)

Now I am hooked up with S-Video the screen saver automatically appears.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)