Do any of the D* multiswitches work with DISH?

Bear

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
Sorry for the newbie question, but I think the title says it all. Are there any multiswitches out there that are compatible with both DISH and D*? I'm especially thinking of the 5x8 multiswitches (4 sat + 1 OTA). Basically, if I ever get unhappy with one, I'd like to minimize the impact to my wiring when I switch.

Thanks!

Bill

Bear said:
Sorry for the newbie question, but I think the title says it all. Are there any multiswitches out there that are compatible with both DISH and D*? I'm especially thinking of the 5x8 multiswitches (4 sat + 1 OTA). Basically, if I ever get unhappy with one, I'd like to minimize the impact to my wiring when I switch.

Thanks!

Bill

Not really. All multisat D* switchs use a 22Khz tone to select the 119. The 110's 28/30/32 are kludged to the 119's 8/10/12, and since E* has those trans, that won't work either. Now, you can use a simple 2x4 switch on 1 sat w/ dish to get more lines, but you would need legacy switches like the SW21 to tie multiple sats together. E* uses a digital tone since they have 7 different sats to work with: 61.5/105/110/119/121/148/157.

So, in a word, no.

Oh, well. Here's hoping the 942 will be a compelling reason to get a new multiswitch, then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)