DO DVB units receive C band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'll give a nice solid "I think so."
The exception maybe being really old C-Band dish counterparts... the older ones were C-only, not Ku, I think... or was that just the BUD's themselves?

Ok, I'll shut up now... :p

DVB receives DVB, on either c or ku bands.

the bands are seperate from the encoding being used ;)

Not that there's much FTA DVB on C-band anyways, most of it is HD

BFG said:
Not that there's much FTA DVB on C-band anyways, most of it is HD

Oh if you only knew :) I'm receiving about as many C band fta dvb signals as I do KU. Still plenty of C band signals left for the scanning.

I know many people can neither make room for or afford what it takes to get the full benefits of C band ,but you're really missing a LOT by not having it.

My intention is to use the new DVB receiver, my undien 4800 crapped out. Hopefully this BEC receiver will still receive my older c band stuff.

I have to BEC unit and it is a good little receiver. It does not have blind search capabilites though so if you want to find feeds it is not the best pick in my opinion.

If you want to watch programming that is there all of the time it is a great choice. I actually receive some weaker signals better with the BEC than with my Fortec.

Wholeshoe

There are a TON of C-Band DVB stuff out there

Heck, the Alaska nets are on there (all 6 of them) :D

wish I had a spot for a C-band

Hides my tail between my legs and runs into the corner :(

heh :) sorry, ok there is a TON of DVB in the C-Band

I'm SO getting C band. Eventually.
I was already... "explained to emphatically?" ... by the wife that an 8-10' dish has no place in our tiny space here. Of course, I'm forced to agree...

We move within the year ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Standard LNB mount for a DirecTV dish?

FTA MLB schedule

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)