Do I get all the HD channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

heisman27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Chicago
I'm switching over from E* on Saturday morning and wanted to know if I get all the non-premium HD channels with HD access. With E*, I didn't get all of them and it was rather frustrating to pay $20 and not get them all.

You get all but HBO and Showtime unless you subscribe to those. You dont get all sports pack ones like NFL. You will get locals in HD at no extra charge.

Today yes. In September probably not. It most likely will be just like E*, you have to get the SD channel to be eligible for the HD feed.

Today yes. In September probably not. It most likely will be just like E*, you have to get the SD channel to be eligible for the HD feed.

So, what HD channels will be available on the top level of programming, that won't be on the one just below it when they launch the new sat?

Right now, you should get:

ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
Universal HD
TNT HD
Discovery HD Theater
HD Net
HD Net Movies

These are available with only the HD fee of $9.99. As the new channels begin to roll out (maybe as early as next week!), you will get them if you also have the SD counterpart, with no price increase. Chase Carey has stated that there will be no price increase when the new channels come online, although he did not specify any definite period of time that this would continue to be the case. But for now, and the near future, $9.99 will have you covered.

I thought that was the way it was right now, but I could be mistaken.

I think it is but all of their HD channels they currently offer are part of the Choice package except for National Geographic which is in preview mode.

So, what HD channels will be available on the top level of programming, that won't be on the one just below it when they launch the new sat?

These are the channel differences between Choice and Choice Extra. There is a 32 channel difference (not including XM) between packages. This does not mean that there will be an HD counter part but if there is you would need the higher package.

DIRECTV - Package Choices

Number Of Hd Channels

Right now, you should get:

ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
Universal HD
TNT HD
Discovery HD Theater
HD Net
HD Net Movies

These are available with only the HD fee of $9.99. As the new channels begin to roll out (maybe as early as next week!), you will get them if you also have the SD counterpart, with no price increase. Chase Carey has stated that there will be no price increase when the new channels come online, although he did not specify any definite period of time that this would continue to be the case. But for now, and the near future, $9.99 will have you covered.

How does the above seven channels transform into 100-150 channels claiming to be in HD ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts