Do I have a choice in equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mekp21

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Carson City, Nevada
Gonna order D* in the next couple of days and and had a few questions. Do I get to choose the receivers I want or will they just send HD DVR here SD there? I'm in the need of 1 HD DVR, 1HD, 2 SD. Is that about the jist when ordering? Also how about the SWM and BBC I've read a little about? I hope I got those right :) or is 90% of just what the installer wants to put in?

Don't wanna come off as stupid about it but have not been able to read through the D* forums as much as I would have liked the last week or so (I'm an E* convert :rolleyes:)

If you tell them you want a HD DVR, that's what you'll get. What you can't say is you want a HR20 vs. a HR21, the installer will give you what's on the truck.

For the SWM, the standalone SWM8 is only to be installed in apartment/condo setups. For residential there's the SWMSlimline dish, but it's in a limited distribution AFAIK so maybe you will mabye you won't get one. If you don't get a SWMSlimline then you'll need BBC's on the HD DVR, maybe not on the HD receiver, R23's have the BBC's built in, if you get a H21 then they'll give you the BBC's to use.

Thanks for the reply rad. Right after I posted this I went into the dvr forum and found some of my own answers, go figure.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)