Do I have a dead 922?

Just curious what your failing 922's had temps are looking like and what type of power source they are running through, surge protector, direct to wall outlet,( properly wired I would hope).

My 922 appears to be suffering from the same fate. I came home to discover it unresponsive with the fan blarring. I unplugged it and after plugging it back in, it eventually started up. After about 10 minutes of tv, the picture and sound went dark, all the lights on the front panel went dark,and the fan started blarring again. I just unplugged it. Any new developments regarding this issue? I'd hate to swap out my 922 for another. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

+1
First replacement also failed. Second replacement working (just activated it a couple of hours ago).

--- i preferred to replace my 922 until the hopper resolves all the bugs that it has - i'm going to upgrade to the hopper, but those bugs are delaying it ---

--- i preferred to replace my 922 until the hopper resolves all the bugs that it has - i'm going to upgrade to the hopper, but those bugs are delaying it ---

Same here . Bugs and ota support and 2 hopper integration. Those three things are stopping me from upgrading.

Just curious what your failing 922's had temps are looking like and what type of power source they are running through, surge protector, direct to wall outlet,( properly wired I would hope).

I had it plugged into a surge protector. I know that Dish advises not to but these boxes are used with additional equipment and with only two outlets in a given location, your forced to. I've had Dish boxes plugged into surges for nearly a decade and I've never encountered anything like this. Regardless, my replacement 922 is on its way and with any luck it will work w/o the need for another replacement. I wish I could of gotten a 612 or something but that would of required another commitment for the "upgrade." My 922 dying so close to the end of my contract may just be the satellite gods telling me its time to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts