Do I have a SWM LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ferrino

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
CA
I had my first D* service installed back in February (HD-DVR) and am using the Mover's Connection next week. I currently have a single HR22 receiver and there is a single coax cable running to it - does this mean I have one of the newer LNBs with a SWM built into it?

I'd like to keep this setup in the new house and was wondering if I just got lucky with my current install and whether to expect the same thing in the new install...

I had my first D* service installed back in February (HD-DVR) and am using the Mover's Connection next week. I currently have a single HR22 receiver and there is a single coax cable running to it - does this mean I have one of the newer LNBs with a SWM built into it?

I'd like to keep this setup in the new house and was wondering if I just got lucky with my current install and whether to expect the same thing in the new install...

If you can record two programs at a time then you have a swm lnb, or maybe a swm8 switch. How many lines are coming from the dish?

There's just one line coming from the dish and yes I can record 2 shows at once.

I was led to believe that SWMs were only used when multiple receivers are being used and therefore I'm wondering if I got lucky and whether I will get the same setup in the new place...?

There's just one line coming from the dish and yes I can record 2 shows at once.

I was led to believe that SWMs were only used when multiple receivers are being used and therefore I'm wondering if I got lucky and whether I will get the same setup in the new place...?

you were led to believe that correctly, however if the tech has the hardware and doesnt feel like running the second line, hell use the hardware. Note this almost never happens and your pretty lucky you have it, i would take the lnb and power inserter to the new house with you if its accessable.

you were led to believe that correctly, however if the tech has the hardware and doesnt feel like running the second line, hell use the hardware. Note this almost never happens and your pretty lucky you have it, i would take the lnb and power inserter to the new house with you if its accessable.

Take the lnb, power inserter, and the splitter!

Take the lnb, power inserter, and the splitter!

Thanks for the advice! I wish I could get up on the roof and grab it! Unfortunately the installation guy needed a fairly long ladder to get up there and I don't have that sort of equipment (as an apartment dweller) :-(

Thanks for the advice! I wish I could get up on the roof and grab it! Unfortunately the installation guy needed a fairly long ladder to get up there and I don't have that sort of equipment (as an apartment dweller) :-(
If you are in an apartment, you might be on an MDU setup. If so, you won't be able to take anything other then your receivers with you.

If you are in an apartment, you might be on an MDU setup. If so, you won't be able to take anything other then your receivers with you.

No, it's my own dish (I actually had to help the installer!!!) but I just don't have a ladder to get up there! Wonder if one good tug on the coax would get it down :)

Are you sure they are on the roof? It's more likely they are in the basement or crawlspace.

Are you sure they are on the roof? It's more likely they are in the basement or crawlspace.

Sorry, you've lost me. I just have a dish mounted on a flat roof about 12-feet directly above the TV (non-pen mount) and then a single coax leading down, through a single wall and into the HD-DVR.

you probably have swm because getting a second line there would have been nearly impossible, try renting a ladder, and there is not going to be a splitter in your system if you only have the one receiver. And you can buy swm capable splitters at lowes/homedepot if you had to... expensive, but will work.

you probably have swm because getting a second line there would have been nearly impossible, try renting a ladder, and there is not going to be a splitter in your system if you only have the one receiver. And you can buy swm capable splitters at lowes/homedepot if you had to... expensive, but will work.

That's right, I forgot he only had one receiver. No splitter or power inserter necessary, correct?

OK, had the move done on Saturday and indeed I did not get another SWM install. No biggie though as we only have a single receiver, with no plans for any more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)