Do I have the right equipments?!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

panorama

Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
Near Toronto, Canada
Hello,

I'm a newbie, and I'm trying to setup a dish to receive FTA arabic channels from 97.0 west GALAXY 19 Satellite. I live in Toronto, Canada

Would these work:

1- An oval shaped Q-sat dish 30 inch wide and 36 inch long
2- A digiwave DGL-990D Dual DSS Linear LNBF-10750Ghz (Standard) LNB
3- Coolsat 5000 receiver

Thank you,
Panorama

Hello,

I'm a newbie, and I'm trying to setup a dish to receive FTA arabic channels from 97.0 west GALAXY 19 Satellite. I live in Toronto, Canada

Would these work:

1- An oval shaped Q-sat dish 30 inch wide and 36 inch long
2- A digiwave DGL-990D Dual DSS Linear LNBF-10750Ghz (Standard) LNB
3- Coolsat 5000 receiver

Thank you,
Panorama

Yup!

Hello,

My dish is pointing at Galaxy 19 now (I think!) but I'm not receiving all the channels!! I'm receiving about 30 channels which most of them have the $ sign and don't work!! Do I need to keep moving the dish? Is it the receiver setting?!

Thanks

Hello,

My dish is pointing at Galaxy 19 now (I think!) but I'm not receiving all the channels!! I'm receiving about 30 channels which most of them have the $ sign and don't work!! Do I need to keep moving the dish? Is it the receiver setting?!

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Globecast delivered via G19? If so, the dollor signs indicate that its a premium channel. You will need to purchase a receiver through Globecast World TV with a smart card to subscribe and access these channels.

You need to move two degrees west. You're at 95.

If you can, drag a TV and the receiver to the Dish
In the Receiver's Setup menu, have a known Hot TP selected, then slowly push the dish to the west, until the Quality meter lights up.

you are very close. Make a mark on the mast so you know that you know where you had a good signal (95W)

Thank you guys for your help
I moved the dish to the west a little bit and I ran blind scan, and it picked up some channels from 97W. Then, I moved it a little bit more to the west, and it picked up more channels. However, it didn't pick up the couple of channels that I want. So, I moved it more to the west, and I lost every thing. Then, I moved it back, and now I have some channels but not all. If my dish is pointing at 97W, shouldn't it pick up ALL the channels, why do I need to move it more?!! Is it the setting on my receiver?!Do I need to move it up and down this time?!

Sounds like the dish isn't precisely aligned on the arc. Are the channels you got before and after moving the dish west all from Galaxy 19?

panorama - did you adjust the skew of the LNB? Meaning, did you turn the LNB (counter-clockwise I believe for you) by a few degrees? The LNB may not be properly skewed.

Thank you guys.
Tron - Yes, the channels are from Galaxy 19 because my parents are getting the same channels, and I checked the Lyngsat website also

Davage - Actually, I DID turn the LNB counter-clockwise randomly, so I don't know if I went too far, or too little. I have to check that out tonight, I know it has to be 17.4 degree, but I didn't know how to measure that!

Can you list what you are not getting?
When behind the Dish, which way did your Skew the LNB?
For the LNB Skew, 17 degrees is about 1/4"

Also: Do the TP numbers match what Lyngsat shows?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GeoSatPro 1.2M Dish Damage and Setup.

HELP, PLEASE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)