Do I have to have a Multiswitch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

au55rox

Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Alabama
QUESTION? I have the D*+ hd dvr and no multiswitch. If i run another line from lnb to sat2 input do I need a multiswitch? I'm having the prob of no signal on sat 2. I have a sl5 sat and only two receivers so I have 2 available lines to take one from. Just curious to what I should do. I started with 1 hd receiver and 2 standard receivers so when D* installed they never installed a multiswitch. Now I just have the hd and hd dvr. If I do need one where can i get one or will the beable to come out and instal it and what will that cost?

I take that the reference to sl5 is that you have a Slimline 5LNB? We need to know exactly what dish you have and other equipment. Anyway, that dish has 4 outputs. If you need more than 4 then you will need the Zinwell WB68 multiswitch. All four lines connect to the switch and then you'll have 8 outputs to use. You can buy your own from Solidsignal.com.

I have a slimeline 5LNB and two HD receivers not sure what my #my DVR is I bought the D* plus hd dvr at Bestbuy in Feb 2009. I know there are 4 outputs and am using 2. If I run 2 separate lines from the sat to the receivers 2 tuners i should be able to record 2 shows at once correct? I had the dvr set up to use just one tuner, I want to use both and when I connected one of the other cables which was from one of the remaining 2 free outputs from the sat I get the tuner 2 no signal message. I have the settings as slimline 5, multiswitch (do i need to use swv?), and dual tuners. what should my settings be without the multiswitch. I'm just trying not to have to have a someone come out to the house. It seems like it should be simple but its been a pain. Should I use an inline amplifier on the new line. Thats been the biggest problem I ran a new RG6 coax but that line seems not to carry a strong signal I cant get the receiver to run even one tuner with that line. I tested it with a lan finder and received good tone. i really just dont know what else to do.

Since you only need to use four lines (2 HD receivers and one HD DVR), then you don't need a multiswitch. In setup select that you have the 5LNB dish but not the SWM. This should get you going. Unless the cable length is long (>150') you shouldn't need an inline amp.

Make sure that the new line is good. Bad connections are a major source of problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)