Do I need 2 HWS's?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

todd_l

Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Minnesota
I currently have 2 Hoppers, one of them is used for watching/recording 90% of the time. I was thinking of upgrading to a HWS. I was thinking of only upgrading my secondary hopper, in order to preserve all recording and timers on my primary hopper. 2 questions related to this:

1. If I only upgrade my secondary hopper, and use Dish anywhere to connect to my secondary hopper, can I remotely choose to connect to recordings on my primary hopper (like at home when I can choose to view recordings on the other hopper)?

2. If #1 is yes, is there some other reason it would be beneficial to upgrade both hoppers? I'm generally happy with my hoppers, I'd just like to add the dish anywhere functionality with minimal disruption.

Thanks

I currently have 2 Hoppers, one of them is used for watching/recording 90% of the time. I was thinking of upgrading to a HWS. I was thinking of only upgrading my secondary hopper, in order to preserve all recording and timers on my primary hopper. 2 questions related to this:

1. If I only upgrade my secondary hopper, and use Dish anywhere to connect to my secondary hopper, can I remotely choose to connect to recordings on my primary hopper (like at home when I can choose to view recordings on the other hopper)?

2. If #1 is yes, is there some other reason it would be beneficial to upgrade both hoppers? I'm generally happy with my hoppers, I'd just like to add the dish anywhere functionality with minimal disruption.

Thanks

Good questions. I have one Hopper with Sling and one regular Hopper now. I'll have to check to see if I have access to my other Hopper's recordings.

You need to have either a Hopper with sling or a sling adapter on a regular Hopper in order to view recordings remotely as you can only view recordings on the Hopper you are connected to remotely.

Sent from my iPad using Safari.

Reactions: MattG@DISH
I have a HWS and a regular Hopper, I can view recordings from both with the Dish anywhere app, As mentioned I have the sling adaptor on my regular hopper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)