Do I need a land based phone line for service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You don't need to register with DBSTalk or any other site to download CE! If you had the technical knowledge you would know this. So it's clear you have issues with me, and I don't care. People will see through this and have the intelligence to see the truth.

I have not registered with CE, and download it without issues, so what do you say about that?

Where did I EVER say you needed to register to download a CE, show me, I said you needed to register to see the CE forum, just like this site.

Now go back and answer my request to you, show me where the response I provided about the IP callback was incorrect and yours was since you questioned it's accuracy.

And do I have issues with you, yep, I have issues with anyone that will post BS as facts.

Where did I EVER say you needed to register to download a CE, show me, I said you needed to register to see the CE forum, just like this site.

Now go back and answer my request to you, show me where the response I provided about the IP callback was incorrect and yours was since you questioned it's accuracy.

And do I have issues with you, yep, I have issues with anyone that will post BS as facts.

Look you don't need to talk to anyone to get CE, or VOD, all you need to do is connect your receiver to the internet and you are good to go, no need to talk to you or DBSTalk. DBStalk and other sites go to DirecTV.com's help and forum site, and then take credit for what is posted to help customers for profit.
:p

Look you don't need to talk to anyone to get CE, or VOD, all you need to do is connect your receiver to the internet and you are good to go, no need to talk to you or DBSTalk. DBStalk and other sites go to DirecTV.com's help and forum site, and then take credit for what is posted to help customers for profit.
:p

OK, please show me a post on the DirecTV support forum that shows someone with a HR21-700 how to get DoD enabled/working? One, just one post and I'll say you're the subject expert on all things DirecTV releated.

Now if you'd check you'd see that the HR21-700 only just got DoD on the latest CE release on 12/21 CE:03:04. Now if DBSTalk was getting their info from the DirecTV forum how would they know since the DirecTV forum make no mention of it?

And again, please show me where my post correcting yours was incorrect.

OK, please show me a post on the DirecTV support forum that shows someone with a HR21-700 how to get DoD enabled/working? One, just one post and I'll say you're the subject expert on all things DirecTV releated.

Now if you'd check you'd see that the HR21-700 only just got DoD on the latest CE release on 12/21 CE:03:04. Now if DBSTalk was getting their info from the DirecTV forum how would they know since the DirecTV forum make no mention of it?

And again, please show me where my post correcting yours was incorrect.

I don't care about the HR21, and you won't get facts that are accurate about that model from DBSTalk, but if you are patient you can do a search and learn how to use DirecTV's website to get the facts you need. I'm not getting paid to hold your hand.

OK, I give, you're a lost cause. Typical JPN response, makes statments of fact with nothing to back them up except more bullsh*t.

OK, I give, you're a lost cause. Typical JPN response, makes statments of fact with nothing to back them up except more bullsh*t.

You say they are statements of fact, but I'm not going to help a hostile person who is not nice. Statements of fact are truths not BS.
:eek:

This thread is very entertaining.
So I went to DBStalk and did a search as follow:
"internet instead of phone line for ppv"

sailermon:"...You don't have to have a phone line connected unless you want the convenience of ordering PPV through the DVR GUI. Once, and if, PPV is implemented on the internet, you will be able to order PPV that way..."

On cnet, they review the hr20; here is what they say about ppv:
"...Like all satellite receivers, the DirecTV HR20 requires an analog phone line to order pay-per-view programs; we tested our connection with our Vonage service, and it worked fine. When we asked exactly what the phone line was used for, DirecTV's rep told us that it's currently the only method for the box to communicate with DirecTV, and that by connecting it, the consumer experience can be improved. We went for four months without the phone line connected, and the HR20 worked perfectly well--it gets its EPG data and software updates from the satellite, not via the phone jack..."

So reading all this I seem that you still need a phone connection to order pay-per-view.

btw: this is my first post to the forum :)

This thread is very entertaining.
So I went to DBStalk and did a search as follow:
"internet instead of phone line for ppv"

sailermon:"...You don't have to have a phone line connected unless you want the convenience of ordering PPV through the DVR GUI. Once, and if, PPV is implemented on the internet, you will be able to order PPV that way..."

On cnet, they review the hr20; here is what they say about ppv:
"...Like all satellite receivers, the DirecTV HR20 requires an analog phone line to order pay-per-view programs; we tested our connection with our Vonage service, and it worked fine. When we asked exactly what the phone line was used for, DirecTV's rep told us that it's currently the only method for the box to communicate with DirecTV, and that by connecting it, the consumer experience can be improved. We went for four months without the phone line connected, and the HR20 worked perfectly well--it gets its EPG data and software updates from the satellite, not via the phone jack..."

So reading all this I seem that you still need a phone connection to order pay-per-view.

btw: this is my first post to the forum :)

If you search Earls comments on DBStalk the current national release available for the HR20-700 will communicate appropritely to DirecTV without a phone line connected, if you have it networked with internet. The reason for this is DirecTV realizes many are going wireless and dropping twisted pair. DirecTV should prefer wireless over landline, since it will potentially draw more business away from Verizon Fiber TV or AT&T. All I can say if you want to order a PPV movie it is wise to use internet/online access to order so all your receivers can get the PPV instead of just the one receiver if you order via remote. You kinda contradict yourself, read what you write carefully, and if I were to pay for a movie, I would want all my receivers to get the program. The only way to do that is to use your online account and order on the internet.

I have always been able to order movies without a phone connected to the receiver, even older boxes. Why you ask, because I do it online.

If you search Earls comments on DBStalk the current national release available for the HR20-700 will communicate appropritely to DirecTV without a phone line connected, if you have it networked with internet.

At the time you posted this it was incorrect since the national release did not include IP callback. But Earl did post this morning that 0x1EA is just now starting a staffered national rollout and that's the release that includes the IP callback, see post at HR20-700 0x1EA - DBSTalk.Com.

But other then this brand new announcement please provide me the link that you've found in all your searches where Earl announced that IP callback was in a national release prior to this one.

The land line is to order via one specific receiver from the remote (ie DVR GUI). Ordering online is possible, but not straight from the receiver.
That's what I understood.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts