Do I need a Motor with a wider arc than a Satcontrol SM3D22?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Murphdog

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2005
Does a motor with a wider arc exist? The reason I ask is that my true south satellite is SBS 6 @74W. The furthest western satellite I can see with motor is Satmex 5 @116.8. I have a clear SW sky so that is not a problem. According to the Satcontrol manual I should be able to see up to 124.0 (121.5 on average). Maybe I did something wrong? I peaked the dish on SBS 6 with my Birdog meter. I am 74W 39N. I would love to see more beyond Satmex 6. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using USALS or DiSEqC 1.2 to motor the dish! Sometimes USALS will not work for satellites at each end of your arc! You may have to use DiSEqC 1.2 and motor over until you see signal quality on a LIVE transponder, then number and store the position.

I doubt it ,but can I chage my true south sat? I can't see below PAS9 in the east due to obstructions leaving me with an 30+ on the motor on that side.

You can't change your true south satellite!

I would check that the limits have not been setup on the receiver, maybe that is stopping it from motorinf any further!

Do not know about the SM3D22, but the Moteck SG2100 also has internal Mechanical limit switches also!

Yeah, it must be some limits that are set, even 127W should be at 19.7 deg el for you, the motor shouldn't be out of travel at that point.

. No limits set on the receiver.I did try the dish manual switch and that gave me the same results. I guess most motors only allow 50 degrees or less from the zero position on the motor east and west?

Very nice!!! I hate to have to buy a new motor....but this look like the best solution. Thanks PSB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)