Do I need an sw21 switch to combine two LNbf

HBR

Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Hi everyone.This is the first time I post. I don't know if I'm in the right place to post so be nice.lol:) Anyway, I need help hooking up two lnb to one dish. I have 2 old Direct TV dishes.One is a 20inch and the other is a 30inch dish. I want to combine them and make one dish.I was told that I would need to hook up a sw21 switch . I don't know to hook this up.Can someone please help me????:eek:

Yea, a SW21 switch will work. Just run a coax jumper from each dish to the inputs on the switch. The output goes to the receiver.

BrettTRay said:
Yea, a SW21 switch will work. Just run a coax jumper from each dish to the inputs on the switch. The output goes to the receiver.
Thanks for your help.Sorry it took a little time to answer,I don't know what I'm doing yet

Oh! Well I was thinking of buying a FTA receiver and using this method. Well that's out the door! Will the dishes work on their own for the FTA receivers or will I have to buy new stuff.Thanks Iceberg!!!

HBR said:
Oh! Well I was thinking of buying a FTA receiver and using this method. Well that's out the door! Will the dishes work on their own for the FTA receivers or will I have to buy new stuff.Thanks Iceberg!!!
I'm sorry I forgot to ask what receiver you had

HBR said:
IIRC, you'll need a Diseqc 2x1 switch to work with those two lnbs and a FTA receiver

Need dish info for FTA

:) Hi again, What dish will work with an Viewsat? That is what I'm thinking of buying?

Great!!! I think some kind of switch come with the FTA receiver.I'll look again to make sure it's a 2x1 switch.THANKS AGAIN!!! You're Great!!

2x1 diseqc

BrettTRay said:
IIRC, you'll need a Diseqc 2x1 switch to work with those two lnbs and a FTA receiver
Just checked and the FTA receiver comes with a 4x1 diseqc switch.Will that work ok? Is the 4x1 for 4 lnbs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts