Do I need anything else ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
I am about to hook a hr 20 into my system. I currently have a hr-44 with two clients.
My plan is to replace a client with the 20. Do I need any other hardware besides what is making my current setup work? Or can I unplug a client, get a smart card, and connect and go?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I am about to hook a hr 20 into my system. I currently have a hr-44 with two clients.
My plan is to replace a client with the 20. Do I need any other hardware besides what is making my current setup work? Or can I unplug a client, get a smart card, and connect and go?

I believe your good to go if you do as you mentioned above.

You already have the PI and splitter in play and LNB.

What about the two sat ports of the 20? I remember needing something to make the both work ? Or needing to connect to the right one.

With SWM you will just connect one (the port may say FTM instead of SWM, they are the same). Do you have a DECA module for whole-home networking? The HR20 does not have built in DECA.

With SWM you will just connect one (the port may say FTM instead of SWM, they are the same). Do you have a DECA module for whole-home networking? The HR20 does not have built in DECA.

To add to this, he's going to need a 2-way SWM splitter and a BS filter to get it to connect to the MoCa network

Isn't the deca module built into the 44?

To add to this, he's going to need a 2-way SWM splitter and a BS filter to get it to connect to the MoCa network

It seems like I had this a couple of years ago, but refresh my memory. Where in line do these go? I know the filter is right at the 20. Right?

Also wasn't that only needed on one of the 20 models and not the other ?

It seems like I had this a couple of years ago, but refresh my memory. Where in line do these go? I know the filter is right at the 20. Right?

Also wasn't that only needed on one of the 20 models and not the other ?

You sat in line in to a 2-way SWM splitter behind the HR20 from the 2-way you need to run a bs filter off one side in to sat in 2 and then you need a small jumper coming off the the other leg of the 2-way in to a receiver deca and then receiver deca to sat 1 in then from there you need to connect the Ethernet cable from the deca in to the Ethernet port on the receiver. It's actually a huge pain in the but when using HR20's for MRV

That's only for the -100 model. The -700 works like any other Directv dvr.

Ok, I had the 100 before. This one is not if I am not mistaken. I should be good to go. Thanks all, and Rey too I guess.........lol

You sat in line in to a 2-way SWM splitter behind the HR20 from the 2-way you need to run a bs filter off one side in to sat in 2 and then you need a small jumper coming off the the other leg of the 2-way in to a receiver deca and then receiver deca to sat 1 in then from there you need to connect the Ethernet cable from the deca in to the Ethernet port on the receiver. It's actually a huge pain in the but when using HR20's for MRV

Man, it sounds like it.

Man, it sounds like it.

For the 100, like chip said, that is correct.
The 700 seems to be as plug and play as any other model. Waiting on my smart card but it seems to be up and running otherwise.

For the 100, like chip said, that is correct.
The 700 seems to be as plug and play as any other model. Waiting on my smart card but it seems to be up and running otherwise.

:yes

Ok, I got the hr 20/700 hooked up. They sent a new access card and it's authorized. I can watch TV, record, ect.

I can not get it connected to my hr-44 to share the players, and it isn't connected to the Internet.

I have the coax screwed into sat input 2.

Any ideas why it isn't connecting to the deca/Moca (whatever directv calls it) network? Do I need something else

Do I need the deca ethernet/coax adapter? I'm thinking that's it.

Do I need the deca ethernet/coax adapter? I'm thinking that's it.

yes you do. The 700 should have a basic power cord and not the big fat 3 prong monster with a ground, this is just the normal deca install. You need to run your coax into the receiver deca then attach the receiver deca to sat 1. Leave sat 2 alone entirely. Dont forget the ethernet cord, use the top port on the back of the receiver. From there red button reset, then go setup - settings - network setup - connect now )or repeat configuration. You should get an 88 code and be good to go. Name your location under the "whole home" section and mrv will then work.

Thank you very much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts