This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Do I need to have an external Switch with a 1000.2?

Leo Farnsworth

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Hello,
I am trying to 'boost' my 129 signal.

I currently have a 1000.2 and also have a Dish 500 connected to the correct port of the 1000.2 LNB (additionally, the '500' is oriented correctly according to The List!) - the concept is to increase or boost my reception of sat 129.

No matter how I try, I cannot get my 622 or 722 to see the 'wing' dish.

Perhaps an external switch is needed?

Thank you for any feedback, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Align the wing dish by connecting it directly to a receiver.

When it is correctly aligned, then connect it to the input port on the 1000.2 (with the left most lnb looking from behind covered with tin foil) and run check switch on your receiver, it should appear.

What type of lnb are you using for your 129 wing dish? I believe it needs to be a DP dual lnb.

Could it be because your are trying to get 129 from 2 separate dishes at the same time, cover the 129 lnb on the 1000.2 and try again

Bob

DISH already boosted your signal when they launched Ciel2 and replaced the old fading 129.
Signals are up 20 points on some transponders.
Ditch the dish 500 and align properly with your 1000.2

fred

Thank you all for your comments -

DSP81: I did not understand that I should hook up the Dish 500 directly to my receiver by its self. Thank you for helping me understand this.

eurosport84: Thank you for your comment - what additional gain in programming would I get from 61.5?

Have a great Friday to all!

Or do it like my system... peak your 1000.2 and swing the 500 around to 61.5 and have all 4 satellites! :up

Yeah, what is the use or advantage of having the 61.5 as well.....other than to be able to say "I see all 4 sats". thumbs up. Uber????

Nick

Yeah, what is the use or advantage of having the 61.5 as well.....other than to be able to say "I see all 4 sats". thumbs up. Uber????
Locals, RSNs and some internationals. But the core is broadcast on both the western and eastern arcs - so not much for most people. And if you are a western arc'er, your locals and RSN are probably on 129 anyway. There are some RSNs on one that aren't on the other. But after having Direct and all the RSNs, they're really only good for out of market college sports (because all the pro stuff is blacked out).

You could also do a satellite to satellite comparison

EKB: Dish Network Channels at 61.5°

vs.

EKB: Dish Network Channels at 129°

I was just messin' with ya. I figured there was at least a small reason other than feelingfully maxed on capacity.

Nick

Nick
Well, Dish had this brilliant idea to put our HD locals on 129, when our HD rsn's are on 61.5. And now I've read on here, where some people have the exact opposite (rsn's on 129 and locals on 61.5) -Go figure....