Do I own my 811 receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
When the 811 first came out I paid something like $200, plus promised to have 12 months or so of a certain level of programming?

So do I own the receiver? Will Dish want it back if I cancel service?

I was able to sell my previous receiver, the 6000, it was acquired in a similar manner.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

I believe you DO own it. To verify, just call Dish.

You can sell it, but it's not worth much more than a used 311

fred

Dish leases their HD receivers with an up front fee. Unless the $200 included more than the fee, that is an awful large amount. I would think you bought the unit and dealer signed up to a commitment contract to save you an activation fee. You really have to check with Dish as to the deal you got since they have not offered 811's for a couple of years now.

If you bought it, the price would have been significantly more than the $200 - like $400 or more.

I think I paid $150 or $250 for my 811 when they first came out. I had to commit for a year and wait was seemed like forever to get it. It took maybe six weeks after I ordered and paid for it before I got it. It is happily retired from service, just waiting for the collapse of MPEG 4. It sits next to my original 4000 receiver, also waiting for the collapse of HD.

Miner

I just disconnected last week. I own two 811's, back when they first came out you could not lease them, only buy them. Low and behold today a UPS guy shows up at the door with the boxes. I called Dish, they said, no you have to return them, they are leased. I have the receipts for both of them, and it shows I do own them (599 a piece in 03). According to Dish I still have to send them both back. I asked them where to fax the receipts to prove I own them. No one had a number. I decided to place a copy of the receipt and a letter in the box and ship that to them. Both of my 811's are used for OTA HD, so there is no way I am sending them back. Anyone else ever have this happen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts