Do I really need 2 dishes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

paulhewson

Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
I'm planning to switch to Dish Network. When I looked at the options on the Dish website it said that I may need 2 dishes to be able to pick up all local stations. My apartment complex will only allow 1 dish. Can anyone tell me if I will really need 2 dishes? My location is Omaha, NE.

It all depends on you. KYNE TV 26 PBS is the only local channel for Omaha at 148, the rest are at 110. If you watch that channel then you need the second dish pointing at 148. Otherwise, you just need one Dish500 pointing at 119 and 110.

Thanks RandallA, Could you, or anyone, tell me how to find that information? I'm planning on "moving" after I get the system set up so that I can receive the Des Moines, IA stations while in Omaha. I would like to see if Des Moines locals would also work with one dish (on 119 or 110). Thanks again.

miller5 said:
Omaha is on 119, not 110. Des Moines was transferred to 119 as well.

WRONG!!

Omaha & Des Moines are on 110 TP 2 & 10. Same spotbeam as Minneapolis,. Sioux Falls, Cedar rpaids & Duluth

You're thinking of DirecTV

SORRY, Your right I was thinking Directv. I only run in the DTV side, my head was there.

paulhewson said:
I'm planning to switch to Dish Network. When I looked at the options on the Dish website it said that I may need 2 dishes to be able to pick up all local stations. My apartment complex will only allow 1 dish. Can anyone tell me if I will really need 2 dishes? My location is Omaha, NE.

You could always get one of them WaveFrontier toroidal dishes. Work like a charm, just have patience aiming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)