Do I REALLY need a land line?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pickle3808

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
I just added another receiver to a basement room. Currently, there is no phone jack near there and I don't feel like installing one if I don't have to.

What is the purpose of the phone line REALLY? Just for PPV? Or for more than just that?

So can I just leave it alone? Help much appreciated.

Although it takes about $25 and 20 mins to run a phone line & jack they are not "needed" for normal use. The phone line is for any "remote / on-screen" purchases to be billed up to the system. You obviously have internet and can order PPV and events online without a phone line AND all your units will get the event. If you order a HD PPV or event; they should only be seen on HD units.

I just added another receiver to a basement room. Currently, there is no phone jack near there and I don't feel like installing one if I don't have to.

What is the purpose of the phone line REALLY? Just for PPV? Or for more than just that?

So can I just leave it alone? Help much appreciated.

Without a phone line you won't be able to purchase PPV with the remote control or if you have Caller ID the number of the person calling will not be displayed on screen.:(

You really want any bum who calls himself your 'friend' to sit in front of your tv and order 50,000 ppv shows?

It's probably best you do it on the pc anyway.

It's probably best you do it on the pc anyway.

Funny thing also is they get mirrored to all your receivers when you order on the web but to only one receiver when you use your remote. It only took me 14yrs to learn that little nugget of info (or since they offered a website).

Feel old :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)