Do locals automatically appear in guide when DNS stops

Lbethane

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
arizona
I am trying to be prepared for what to expect when the DNS programming for RV's ends. I currently have the DNS programming and know that it will end on the 15th. What happens then? Do the locals automatically appear on my guides or do I have to call Dish to activate them. I have the 200 channel plan with locals but have been unable to receive them simultaneously with DNS. Also I have been connected to the OTA channels. So when I start receiving the locals, do I not receive OTA anymore?

Well I hope Dish is coordinated enough to turn on the Locals for your Service Address when they turn off the DNS channels. The OTAs are not reliant on Dish channels. However, as I remember the last time I went through this, the OTAs will pickup in the EPG.

I already have AAD channels turned on and in the progress of changing the Dish DNS timers to AAD to timers.

That is a good idea to have AAD turned on to switch over the timers. Since I will be wintering in the Phoenix area for several months, I thought I would just use the OTA until I leave and then start AAD. How does the SD picture compare to the HD from the DNS. I am disappointed at not having HD.

I believe I will also receive the locals as a part of my Dish programming package. Do you know if they they are in HD? And will I also get EPG with the locals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)