Do Not Buy Dish Network Cards On Ebay

Dish-Direc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Here is a warning. Yesterday Dish Network sucessfully killed many of its yellow cards used by pirates. These scums will try to peddle their useless icescrapers on ebay. Please deal with Dish Network directly or trusted Dish retailers for any cards.

No reason to buy a card from anyone, Dish loans you a card when youpurchase any of their receivers.

Anyone buying or selling in Dish Network smart cards are dealing in stolen goods since the cards are the property of Echostar.

I am glad they got these shut down, I understand that its part of a 3 part effort to kill pirarcy on Dish, up next is FTA receivers.

Hey You Go Ice

I know people that bought the yellow card on ebay and re-activated their 301 receivers, instead of activating with the old blue card, and waiting on the yellow card from Dish.

When Dish was swapping to the yellow card, I had three cards reach me for one customer, and three cards for another customer. I accidentally swapped them, and they were still able to activate without a problem. Seems like if the card has zero balance or never been activated, it can be transferred.

The won't. I am on the phone now with Dish.

Plus the person on the phone says "besides, who would pay over $100 for a card on ebay when we will send them one and usually for free"

Dish tried to charge me $50 plus a $14.95 shipping fee when I had to get a new yellow card on my old 301 that never got swapped out from blue. Needless to say, I refused. I had to ask twice that they were talking about just a card and not a whole replacement receiver.

dish cards are for sale on ebay while directv cards are not!

if you call dishnet sometimes they will send you new card for free other times they will charge 50.00 dollars and waive shipping fee
if you want to sell your ird and card and theres no owing balance you can do so on ebay or whatever
as long as ird and card are clear of charges, you sell them the buyer them calls dish and can activate your old equipment under there account ird and card.

if you call dtv and request a new card they will usually sell one for 20.00 or depending upon customer status you could get it free shipping fee usually waived

however here is the big difference between dtv and *ish
if you sell your dtv equipment to someone ird and card and assuming there is not a balance owed on either then can then sub under there account, but the access card you sold them with the ird won't work
with dtv the access card is tied to original account holder and is non transferrable
so a person buying a used dtv system ird and card will have to purchase a new card from dtv or maybe get it for free depending upon customer status.

bottomline dtv has there sh*t together and dish just stinks like sh*t
dish is just plain ish

same story different day it seems

I've had E* remarry yellow cards to new receivers with no problems several times - I just tell them the receiver went bad & was able to obtain a used receiver that was missing the card.

Dish tried to charge me $50 plus a $14.95 shipping fee when I had to get a new yellow card on my old 301 that never got swapped out from blue. Needless to say, I refused. I had to ask twice that they were talking about just a card and not a whole replacement receiver.

The current situation is that they will send you a yellow card, and IF you don't return a blue card in the enclosed envelope, then they charge you the $50. But if you return the blue card, there should be no charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)