Weather Channel stuff

WTRickman

Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
I have two 311s. They downloaded the new 4.11 software recently, but I still don't have the TWC interactive weather on channel 100. I only have 4 options under 'News'. I understand this should be #5.

Anyway, I called Dish today - the girl directs me to the old 'Interactive Weather' app. I told her "We've always had this, I'm talking about a new TWC Interactive Weather with radar"

She had never heard of it - "This is the only weather we have, sir."

So, is she clueless? What gives? Why don't I have the new weather software.

:confused: :confused:

You can't really trust what the CSRs tell you, as they are clueless to anything going on.

Your best bet to get an update to your question is to email ceo@dishnetwork.com

The only receivers to get this update for all receivers was the 721. Only 1/4 of the rest of the receivers got it. This is why my 625 has it but my 211 does not. Not sure when DISH will release it to the other 3/4.

I have two 311s. They downloaded the new 4.11 software recently, but I still don't have the TWC interactive weather on channel 100. I only have 4 options under 'News'. I understand this should be #5.

Anyway, I called Dish today - the girl directs me to the old 'Interactive Weather' app. I told her "We've always had this, I'm talking about a new TWC Interactive Weather with radar"

She had never heard of it - "This is the only weather we have, sir."

So, is she clueless? What gives? Why don't I have the new weather software.

:confused: :confused:

You are not missing anything. In fact, it is peace of crap. You'll get 10x faster more detailed weather info for you city on any computer with 56k modem. It takes looooong time just to load channel 100 and about the same amount of time to get temperature and poor radar image for you region. Big f deal.
Useless feature, if you ask me.

The only thing you are missing is the disappointment of actually seeing this interactive application in action.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts