Do Not Buy Dish Network Cards On Ebay

The current situation is that they will send you a yellow card, and IF you don't return a blue card in the enclosed envelope, then they charge you the $50. But if you return the blue card, there should be no charge.

Yeah, that is what I thought but they told me flat out, throw the blue card away, it's $50 + shipping for a new yellow. So like I said, I have a 301 that sits in the basement.

interesting...didnt think they would just marry any old card

They don't, the information in the database determines ties between equipment however equipment can be in actuality activated in pairs aside from what is assigned. It's just if there is an issue that being the case in and of itself is a problem and may result in an audit.

The current situation is that they will send you a yellow card, and IF you don't return a blue card in the enclosed envelope, then they charge you the $50. But if you return the blue card, there should be no charge.

Blue cards are only wanted back for special Engineering situations, aside from that they may be discarded.

Umm, why is Dish Network and Directv charging for cards if the card is their property? I do not think that is right to charge that fee unless you lose or damage their card. It does NOT cost $20 to ship a card out even if it is delivered priority.

Usually when Dish Network does a card swap they do not want the old card back (it just costs them more because of the shipping prices and it is not worth it to them).

No reason to buy a card from anyone, Dish loans you a card when youpurchase any of their receivers.

Anyone buying or selling in Dish Network smart cards are dealing in stolen goods since the cards are the property of Echostar.

I am glad they got these shut down, I understand that its part of a 3 part effort to kill pirarcy on Dish, up next is FTA receivers.

What is the third part effort to kill piracy on Dish? Card swap?

I think if Dish did a card swap right now. It would damage the company financially.
Right now Dish is hurting over the DNS issues along with the Tivo lawsuit. And with the churn rate being at an all time high with DBS providers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts