DO says not connected to Broadband, it is- but I discovered this!

I have a DISH VIP 722 and the Sling Adapter.
I'm yet another DISH user who has his VIP 722 NOT recognized by Dish Online as "connected" when it is!
I can connect and watch my DVR recordings from my iPad and iPhone - but NOT from my computer!!

I can even set my recording schedules from my computer - but I cannot watch ANY live TV from the Sling Adapter - while the iPad and iPhone CAN DO IT - every time!

DISH - You must FIX THIS!!!

Has anyone had this problem solved?? I just called to complain about not being able to use the sling adaptor (not free, I paid over $100) for a couple of months, and I was told by Christina in the tech section that it had been a problem, but it was now fixed for almost everyone. I'm guessing that's not the case. Then she wants me to go to "menu." I tell her I'm not at home, which is why I need the Sling Adaptor. Sheesh!

Is mine the only one not working now??

I have had the same problem ever since I got my sling adapter about 3 months ago. Did about 30 minutes with chat support, they told me to do the same as you. Had to remind them most use sling because they are NOT at home.

I left some poor ratings on their survey after my call with Christina yesterday, and someone called me to ask about it. I told them the same thing I had left as a comment--I called to complain about the sling adaptor not working, not about the customer service I got from Christina. She couldn't help me because it's a dishonline problem, not a problem with my settings or equipment. I had forgotten the URL for dish remote access, but this new person reminded me of it--dish.sling.com. As long as it's available, I'll keep using it, though it still is slated to disappear sometime soon (hopefully, not before dishonline is fixed!).

I just tried to connect, and it won't. I think some setting is preventing the re-connection after the nightly update. This needs to be fixed now!!

Months and months with this not working. The 722 shows up on the internet as "NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET", but it is connected (via Ethernet, no less).

Slingbox works perhaps only 3 percent of the time with things like iPad and iPhone - but never through the internet!

And no word on any progress from DISH?? Are they seriously looking into this?

I wonder if this could be a HW issue? I had an older 722k at work that would occasionally show disconnected on DO. But, my fairly new 722k at home is always connected, never an issue. Maybe some internal component has changed in the newer models?

I know this won't help all of you, since you're not all having the same issue, but there's a known issue with DOL showing receivers offline that aren't. Quite commonly it's because the receiver number listed has an extra 0 in front of it -- R00123456789 instead of R0123456789. The solution to that particular issue is to give the receiver a nickname, either in DOL itself (which takes effect almost immediately) or in the broadband setup -> nickname setup menu on the receiver (which can take half an hour or more to propagate).

Well well; this might explain why I'm not having that trouble. I nicknamed my receivers LONG ago since I have 3 and didn't now which was which (on DRA) by number.

Roboton said:
Months and months with this not working. The 722 shows up on the internet as "NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET", but it is connected (via Ethernet, no less).

Slingbox works perhaps only 3 percent of the time with things like iPad and iPhone - but never through the internet!

And no word on any progress from DISH?? Are they seriously looking into this?

The SA needs the internet to connect regardless of the device. Maybe u mean it wont connect through Dishonline.com?

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

I've had this problem for a while now. I have to reset my connection constantly to get DO or DRA on Ipad to connect or to use Blockbuster Pass. What's really weird is that through DRA I can view live TV and control my receiver (change channels only), but I can't see my recordings and I either have the yellow dot or black dot next to my receiver name. I've been told it's a software issue by one of the DIRT folks and they're working on it. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)