do seperators go bad?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goldengoose

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
have two 722's

installer used DP pro separators at both to split to tuner one and tuner 2.

no problems until yesterday -disconnected the one receiver for some other household project for about an hour. When hooked back up with all the same connections-would not acquire SAts. Reset it. Tried check switch and checked the point dish signal. Check switch indicated less SATs than before--so didn;t hit save.

Tried switching cables to new ones - no fix there.

Got a signal by taking off the separator and hooking directly to tuner one.
Only getting signal to the one tuner.

Also tried the separator from the other receiver and it works fine on the problem receiver. Got both tuners to light up and acquire channels. So it seems like it is the separator.

Anything else I should try and does it sound like I am on the right track?

It was installed about 2 months ago- does dish cover those types of issues free?

Happy New Year- should be doing something more exciting than working on SAT

Yes he did

Did you try using separator from first receiver on the second one? Does it work? Separators are only about $7, but if you contact the installer, you may be able to get it replaced free.
"Also tried the separator from the other receiver and it works fine on the problem receiver."

He said he had in the post. It worked fine when he did it.

no, read it again. he said he tried the other separator on the problem receiver and, but did not say he tried the suspect separator on the previously working receiver.

I haven't tried the suspect separator on the "good" receiver. That is worth the time to see if it reacts the same. Just looked at prices and indeed not much to get a new one.

Will try the switch after some bowl games tomorrow and see what happens.

I have had 2 separators fail. They were both the cheap small ones. I have 2 original huge ones that I had with my 721's that still work great. I keep a couple of spares on hand. A new one has come in the box of every receiver upgrade I have done and the installer always lets me keep the old one too.

You hooked it up right I hope. The separator is marked tuner1, and tuner2. It will only work if hooked up correctly.

Got a new separator and problem is fixed.

All is right in the world- in time for bowl games

Thanks for the help.

I have seen a lot of SW-21 and DP-34 switches go bad, along with dishpro adapters, why couldn't the separators?