Do the D10 receivers have bult in volume control?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john262

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2005
I have the audio out jacks on the back of my D10 receiver connected directly to a pair of powered speakers. I have a mono TV but this way I am still able to get stereo sound. It sounds great but the only way I can figure out how to control the volume on those speakers is by manually turning the volume knob on the speakers. I wish there were some way to do it with the universal remote control that came with the D10.

Before when I had cable I was able to program the cable TV set top box so that it's remote would control volume through the box itself, rather than through the TV set.

Is there some way to do that with the D10's remote? Or in other words, does the D10 have it's own built in volume control, or is it set at a constant level and the only way to adjust volume is to do it with whatever component it is connected to?

Thanks a lot.

John

OK, thanks. I guess I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way and get off my fat butt and change the volume manually.

You can, depending upon the audio system, progam your D10 remote to control the sound on your stereo. The only problem with this is that you will have to switch to AV1 or AV2 (Location of stereo programmed) to adjust the volume. The other option, if you don't care about the TV volume is to change the setting on the remote to control ONLY the stereo volume. Go into System, Setup, Remote and then choose your system. There are a limited number of Manufacturers available in the menu. Hope this helps!

Thanks Satman. However, I don't have it connected to a stereo system. It is connected to a pair of Bose powered speakers. You know, they are the kind that people use to connect to computers or to portable MP3 players, etc.

These powered speakers, like most others of this type, cannot be adjusted by remote control. You can only move the volume up and down by adjusting the volume knob on the speakers, or you can leave the volume at a set position and change volume on the component that the speakers are connected to.

That's why I asked if the D10 has it's own built in volume control. Many cable converter boxes do, but apparently the D10 does not.

I think it would be a nice feature to add in a future upgrade.

No, my TV doesn't have audio out jacks. It's a cheap mono TV. As I explained in my original post, I have the D10 receiver's audio out jacks connected to powered speakers so I can get stereo audio because my TV is a mono TV. Not everybody has the latest and greatest video equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.