DO WE NEED NEW FORUM for 129W PROBLEMS of JST ONE THREAD ?

How organize the matter ?

• Keep in one thread

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Create new sub-forum

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Keep the mess

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith P.

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
How many threads should be run here dedicated one problem - 129W signal ?

So far too many threads duplicate same questions, answers, suggestions.
It require from members more time to read and keep it current.
Plus it clogging forums and waisting the site's space and bandwidth.

We most definitely do not need another forum.

When needed, the staff will merge threads, but unlike other sites, SatelliteGuys is meant to be user-friendly, and we do not need to micro-manage what our members post.

Problem with merging is there are too many 129 threads for admins to keep up with. If it can't have it's own forum maybe a 129 thread could at least be stickied.

Just make an informative first post and sticky it. Refer to the echostar annual report information, refer to the ciel replacement, list dishs that help with the problem, etc.

I'm with Smith !

We most definitely do not need another forum.
I don't like the idea of more forums, and was about to support this position.
Then, I thought about it, and this 129 problem has been going on and on and on like the Energizer bunny
Merging threads isn't gonna do a good job of cleaning it up
All that would do is make one really long thread. :rolleyes:

As a temporary fix, I'm behind Smith,P. and his idea of a separate forum sub section.
Throw all the threads in there and be done with it.
The threads might be modest length.
People might find an answer.
And it unclogs all the rest of the site.

A stickie with some relevant facts is a good idea, too.
And eventually, maybe that whole department can be closed.
Assuming someone actually replaces the lame duck... uhh... bird... :cool:

I don't like the idea of more forums, and was about to support this position.
Then, I thought about it, and this 129 problem has been going on and on and on like the Energizer bunny
Merging threads isn't gonna do a good job of cleaning it up
All that would do is make one really long thread. :rolleyes:

As a temporary fix, I'm behind Smith,P. and his idea of a separate forum sub section.
Throw all the threads in there and be done with it.
The threads might be modest length.
People might find an answer.
And it unclogs all the rest of the site.

A stickie with some relevant facts is a good idea, too.
And eventually, maybe that whole department can be closed.
Assuming someone actually replaces the lame duck... uhh... bird... :cool:

and to add a little more, it will also show Dish Network that there is a problem and they need to address it soon.

This problem has been going for a while and not a peep from E*. All they need to do is say what their plans are with 129 and that they will take care of the problem.

and to add a little more, it will also show Dish Network that there is a problem and they need to address it soon.

This problem has been going for a while and not a peep from E*. All they need to do is say what their plans are with 129 and that they will take care of the problem.

What do you mean? It is quite clear that Ceil is building a spot beam satellite to be launched to 129. It is not a quite mystery, a replacement satellite is being built. Dish has released larger dishs to help coverage until the new satellite is launched. It has also been announce that Dish will have access to about 16 TPs on the new satellite, it is unclear how many of them will be in spot beam though.

I don't want a solution in two years, I want a solution in the next few months. I'm paying for a service that is not being delivered and I know I'm not alone.

Edit: just want it to add more. I guarantee you that if people with 61.5 were having the kind of problems we're having something would've been done by now. Their attitude to the people with 129 has been, f^ck them and let them wait.

Last edited:
I don't want a solution in two years, I want a solution in the next few months. I'm paying for a service that is not being delivered and I know I'm not alone.
I agree 100 percent, the problems with 129 have run there course.

*ish has been decent about adding new hd channels but the delivery system they choose was flawed from getgo

with ten satellites or more and 2 years you think they maybe able to find a bird in the sky up there now that could out preform 129 as far as hd delivery trouble free

with *ish to me imho its main about stringing as many customers along as they can

how bout 40 hd channels we can actually watch in moderate bad weather situations from at least the lower 48
sorry Hawaii and Alaska

When needed, the staff will merge threads, but unlike other sites, SatelliteGuys is meant to be user-friendly, and we do not need to micro-manage what our members post.
Ummm, yeah, sometimes it is needed and it takes nothing away from being "user-friendly". Tell me what benefit it does ANYONE if there are multiple threads on the same subject ?? Face it, regular users WILL get tired of answering the same questions over and over and will eventually stop.

Find the most active thread on this problem, lock new threads, and add a link to this active thread.

Definitely do not need a new forum for one problem. Are we going to have a new forum for every specific problem? I think not.

A sticky might work if all the threads about 129 are linked in the sticky. If you just combine them then you'll have very big thread and that beats the purpose.

Merging threads is usually risky.... Unless you catch duplicates early enough in their activity. Once they have 'enough' posts, merging them just becomes a cluster of out-of-order posts.

And in the case of the 129 discussion topic, the merged threads will become a cluster about a cluster, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)