DO WE NEED NEW FORUM for 129W PROBLEMS of JST ONE THREAD ?

How organize the matter ?

• Keep in one thread

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Create new sub-forum

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Keep the mess

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, most people have "above the fold" mentality when it comes to forums. If they have to search or go to the next page, then they will start a new thread instead. Then there are some who want their question/complaint to be new, not at the end of a thread 400 posts long that will take half a day to read.

Even with a sticky, we will continue to see "me first" posts on the subject until it is fixed.

WEll by next spring the entire DISH service from national channels to locals to internationals , hd nationals and hd locals will all be available from the new sats at 86.5 and 97 in MPEG4- better pq for both sd & hd . All can be received with one 18 " sat dish. THis is your answer right here. BY next spring you can repoint your dish to the new sats and hopefully the existing lnbs will work with the new sats . Then you will never have to worry about the 129 /61.5/110/119 sats again. Dish isn't going to do anything to address this unless the satellite at 129 drops out of the sky between now and next spring when the new service is relaunched. So they are going to tell you to get a bigger dish or they are going to have a tech come out and repeak your dish to get a better signal for 129, but in the end they are going to wait till the new service is up and running. THen they will upgrade you to the new sats or you can do it. So having a forum discussing this same tired topic ,will do nothing to fix the problems ,but will give people who have problems a place to commiserate.

I like the idea of starting a sticky thread. I don't think it would be practical to try to draw all of the existing bits and pieces into it. Just start a sticky for future reference with some sort of brief history detailing the problem and why the thread has been created.

If migrating to the new MPEG4 system doesn't solve the problem for me I'm gonna look elsewhere.

Two solutions:

1 - Sticky 129 thread, and close-and-lock old and new threads on the subject

2 - Combine all three completely overlapping "Dish Network" forums into one "Dish Network" Forum. I suggested this and Scott agreed, but it still needs to actually be done. ;) (That would automatically cut down the number of new 129 threads by two-thirds.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts