Do you believe that teams improve when they change their logo/uniform?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
In recent years,

teams that have switched from one logo/uniform style to another one have been known to fare a lot better- Exhibit A- the Tampa Bay Rays.

For instance,

the Anaheim Angels, after five years with a somewhat goofy 'harp logo,' switched to a red design less 'Angelic' and proceeded to win a World Series.

Ditto for the Anaheim Ducks- new look, instant title.

My Sabres won the division in their first year under their new uniforms

buffalo_sabres_logo1022504.jpg

BuffaloSabresLogoNB-full;init:.jpg

Two questions:

1. Do you believe that new unis/logos can change a team's fortune?

2. Can you provide other examples?

I hate teams that constantly change their uniforms and logos every 4-5 years. You may as well move to another city if you're going to do that.

I hate teams that constantly change their uniforms and logos every 4-5 years. You may as well move to another city if you're going to do that.

+1:up That's always been a pet peeve of mine.

The White Sox seemed like they were doing it every three years or so, but they seemed to have settled on their current logo/uniforms.

It must work to do this! Banks and Telcoms do it all the time. Haven't you all noticed how much better at&t is than AT&T?

NO

Just a way to market new material and make more salse to the same people.

Jimbo

Jimbo,

your Tigers are a perfect example of a team that has stuck to their traditional uniforms. I commend them for that. :up

NO!

In baseball, H**L NO!

The best uniforms in baseball are the traditional teams that have been wearing the same uniforms forever. Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Dodgers, Royals, Cardinals, etc. Class.

The goofy uniform changes take away from the game and are just geared to sell crap. There is a value in seeing a Dodger in the same uniform that every Dodger have ever worn.

Hockey, especially among the teams that have existed for a long time, same comment. NFL, same. NBA, I don't care, its all about smoke and mirrors anyway.

But the biggest mistake is in the most traditional sport. College football. A team should NEVER change a uniform. What is up with that?

How about..........

(Before the name and uni change, the Devil Rays logo looked like a special exhibit advertisement at the zoo.)

TB_DevilRays.gif

VS.

tampa-bay-rays.jpg

I like the new Rays logo way better, and I'm sure their fans do to now.

Changing logos and uniforms seemed to work well for the Denver Broncos in the late 90s - they finally won that elusive Superbowl, twice!

I like the new Rays logo way better, and I'm sure their fans do to now.

Changing logos and uniforms seemed to work well for the Denver Broncos in the late 90s - they finally won that elusive Superbowl, twice!

Yeah, now all they have to do is change that god awful ballpark of theirs.

Rays definitely improved - they exorcised the "Devil" and they find themselves having won their first division title, their first playoff series, and are in the LCS.

This theory get tossed around here every once in a while, when they talk about blowing up the franchise

They always point to Tampa Bay Bucs....I had a feeling Tony Dungy had more to do with it myself....

Yeah, now all they have to do is change that god awful ballpark of theirs.

Seriously, having an ALCS- or even worse- World Series in the Trop, is akin to playing The Masters at your local "putt-putt" miniature golf course. :rolleyes:

BTW, that's no disrespect meant to the Rays.

Last edited:
Seriously, having an ALCS- or even worse- World Series in the Trop-, is akin to playing The Masters at your local "putt-putt" miniature golf course. :rolleyes:

BTW, that's no disrespect meant to the Rays.

I only hope for the Ray's sake that their newly found success will generate enough interest to move forward with the development of that new open air stadium that has been in the talks for a while.

Actually the Red Wings are an even better example.

Jimbo

The Pistons changed their Uni's, sometime back, along with the colors. Nobody liked them, and the team sucked. First thing Dumars did when he became GM, was to return to the old uni's, and success followed. As for the Lions, well they suck no matter which uni's they wear - black, traditional, road, old-timey.....

The Pistons changed their Uni's, sometime back, along with the colors. Nobody liked them, and the team sucked. First thing Dumars did when he became GM, was to return to the old uni's, and success followed. As for the Lions, well they suck no matter which uni's they wear - black, traditional, road, old-timey.....
'

Oh...I remember that horse, unicorn what ever it was....it was horrible

'

Oh...I remember that horse, unicorn what ever it was....it was horrible

Seriously, what was that thing? If the Red Wings EVER change their uniforms, Detroit will run Ilitch out on a rail. Same with the Tiger's home uni's. Their road uni's have been tweeked ever few years or so.

Seriously, what was that thing? If the Red Wings EVER change their uniforms, Detroit will run Ilitch out on a rail. Same with the Tiger's home uni's. Their road uni's have been tweeked ever few years or so.

Yeah, here in Cleveland, Browns fans are very sensitive about any uniform changes or even the dreaded thought to having a logo on their helmets. It was a big deal a few years ago when we went to a gray face mask, instead of a white one.

They did try and introduce new pants in the second game of the preseason this year. The pants were solid brown and had no stripe down the side. The players looked ridiculous in them and the fans had a meltdown the next day, emailing the owner to go back to their normal uni's. Needless to say, the leg-wear since dubbed as "poopey pants" will not be seen again for quite some time....

They did try and introduce new pants in the second game of the preseason this year. The pants were solid brown and had no stripe down the side. The players looked ridiculous in them and the fans had a meltdown the next day, emailing the owner to go back to their normal uni's. Needless to say, the leg-wear since dubbed as "poopey pants" will not be seen again for quite some time....

So you just stick to the classic poopey jerseys? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts