Do you carry a bazooka on a daily basis ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
I'm just curious if any of you carry a bazooka on a daily basis?

Do you open carry it or conceal it?

No but my wife is begging for a minigun for Christmas to put on the front porch.....:D

uh-1n-minigun.jpg

I used to "pack heat" back in the 50's when pretending I was Roy Rogers, didn't see many bazookas then, but if Roy had carried one, I'm sure I would have had one too.:D

Nah, Bazooka bubble gum, has gotten cheap and it's hard, like a rock, these days. THey still have the little comic, though. (Remember saving those and sending in for prizes?)

If potato cannons count as bazookas, then yes.[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/tedb3rd/233014566/"]Potato Cannon on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm1.static.flickr.com/95/233014566_45177d3db1_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@233014566@@AMEPARAM@@45177d3db1[/ame]

Nah, Bazooka bubble gum, has gotten cheap and it's hard, like a rock, these days. THey still have the little comic, though. (Remember saving those and sending in for prizes?)

That was the first thing that came to mind. Yea I remember also that it cost just a penny, and came in pairs.

I know not many remember that, but as my granddaughter states “My grandpa was born a few years after the wheel was invented!” :(

My one and only experience with a "potato cannon" came when I was living in the dorm. At the time we were allowed to take fruit out of the cafeteria (only thing allowed) for snacks later. One time when the fruit-du-jour was pears my roommate happened to have just completed his soda-can cannon. It was about 10 cans long. All but the first had their ends cut-out and they were held together axially with duct tape (or whatever the equivament was in those days). The first can was intact except for a small hole bored into the side near its bottom and taped into the series with the opening where the removable pull tab (remember those?) was facing inward. We'd put a few drops of ligher fluid into the small hole, drop the projectile in (aforementioned pear), aim it out the window, touch a match to that small hole, and >>ka-BOOOOOM !!! << the pear was launched with quite some force. From the 5th floor window and a 45 deg. trajectory we could cover the distance back to the dining hall which seemed to be a convenient target. Several shots were made until we finally managed to drop one through a skylight into the building. Good thing it was closed at the time! Last time they served pears, BTW...

Okay this question is really silly. I guess the next thread will be : "Do you carry a nuclear bomb on a daily basis?"

My one and only experience with a "potato cannon" came when I was living in the dorm. At the time we were allowed to take fruit out of the cafeteria (only thing allowed) for snacks later. One time when the fruit-du-jour was pears my roommate happened to have just completed his soda-can cannon. It was about 10 cans long. All but the first had their ends cut-out and they were held together axially with duct tape (or whatever the equivament was in those days). The first can was intact except for a small hole bored into the side near its bottom and taped into the series with the opening where the removable pull tab (remember those?) was facing inward. We'd put a few drops of ligher fluid into the small hole, drop the projectile in (aforementioned pear), aim it out the window, touch a match to that small hole, and >>ka-BOOOOOM !!! << the pear was launched with quite some force. From the 5th floor window and a 45 deg. trajectory we could cover the distance back to the dining hall which seemed to be a convenient target. Several shots were made until we finally managed to drop one through a skylight into the building. Good thing it was closed at the time! Last time they served pears, BTW...

My friend and I made one of those, but we shot tennis balls with it. Those damn things went far!

Yep - we did the same with the a/m dorm cannon - shot a tennis ball the entire length of the hall which had to have been 75 yds and it still hit the double doors at the end before hitting the floor! Pushed that door half open to boot. From that point on we decided it was too dangerous to fire "in the house" and moved to lofting pears from the window for that one experience. The cannon was permanently retired shortly thereafter...!

Ahhh - the good ol' carefree days! If you were caught with one of those today it would probably mean a 1-way ticket to Gitmo...!

Last edited:
A friend of mine had one like that made out of pop cans, but he never used it to break a window with pear.

I remember the one captain Kirk made when he was fighting the Gorn.

Attachments

• trekingenuityposter.jpg
    trekingenuityposter.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 164
A friend of mine had one like that made out of pop cans, but he never used it to break a window with pear...
Well, just for the record the broken window was certainly not our intent! I'm not sure what our intent was but it certainly was not that! In retrospect we shoulda/coulda considered a broken window inevitable, but we weren't that savvy in contemplating the consequences (folks that age rarely are). Fortunately the outcome wasn't worse!

Since then I have become a lot older...and perhaps even a little bit wiser...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)