Votes: 39 56.5%
  • I sometimes carry but not often

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • I open carry but don't have a concealed permit

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You applied in 36 different states? Wasn't that kinda overwhelming?

I am licensed in several states that have reciprocity agreements with others. My resident permit is in Ohio, but I have others such as PA, FL, NH etc that give me lots of other states due to agreements they have recognizing each others.

I'm guessing that he is referring to all the states that his state have reciprocity. For instance with my Georgia CCP I can carry in 23 states:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wyoming

Here in Florida you also need to have a hunters course and range time. But for me the state excepted a hunters training cert. from way back in the 80's that I took up in Michigan. I was kinda shocked when they said they would except it :).

Not so. No training in how to hunt required in FL.. :) Just a 4 hour class on safety and the CWC laws you must abide by. PLUS some range time with a certified instructor. The specifics of the range requirements are not clear to me but we were taught and tested on single fire and double tap fire with both hands at various distances. Plus loading, unloading and clearing a jam. You could sign up for a more advanced weapons course that takes 3 days but that is not required for the CWC permit in Florida. The classroom session was pretty basic and involved a video that ran for about 30 minutes on weapon safety, how to shoot and how to store in the home for self defense. At the end of the evening we were presented with the papers to file with the police to apply for the permit. They finger print you at the police station in that application process.
The only substitute for that class I understand is that active duty military can get a waiver signed by their CO to skip the range time but the classroom on the laws is still required. One instructor told me that some certified instructors will sign off on the range requirement if you show alternative training in weapons handling, such as your Mich. Hunter's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)