Votes: 13 18.8%
  • I open carry but don't have a concealed permit

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the last option in the poll.
Open Carry
I don't think thats legal anywhere unless you are a law officer. Unless you're on your own property ,or in the woods hunting.
If you walked into walmart with a ShotGun in your arm, My guess if your not shot on site ,You will be going to Jail.:)
Maybe in Texas you'll be OK:D
A majority of States allow open carry (only 7 actually restrict it). All that means, is it you have a weapon, it must be visible.

I shouldn't have to.
Home invasions, terrorist plots. I guess when you never lost a Family member to the war in Iraq,or 911 you have a different outlook. Don't think that stuff can't happend in our homes and businesses. The nation isn't as secure as it once was. I like to take as many steps as I can to protect my family and my nation. I'm not asking anyone else to do anything.

How does carrying a handgun on a regular basis affect any of that?

If you have a random mall shooter, and he guns you down with a concealed weapon on you, how has that helped?

A concealed weapon isn't going to stop terrorists or anyone else for that matter, from doing anything.

I don't have a problem with CC, I just don't see how 911 or war have any influence, except to create fear and paranoia in some people.

Define Open Carry?
In your car on the seat, Unloaded.
In a holster even without a Gun permit.
Explain?
Open Carry, means you are carrying a gun (on your person) that is visible, or not otherwise concealed.

Carrying a loaded pistol in a holster is considered Open Carry, unless you conceal it under a coat.

Whether or not a permit is involved, depends entirely on the State requiring a permit to have hand guns, something not all states do.
For example, I live in Pennsylvania. In Pennsylvania, Open Carry does not require a permit, unless you are in Philadelphia, in which case a license to carry permit is required.

I love the last option in the poll.
Open Carry
I don't think thats legal anywhere unless you are a law officer. Unless you're on your own property ,or in the woods hunting.
If you walked into walmart with a ShotGun in your arm, My guess if your not shot on site ,You will be going to Jail.:)
Maybe in Texas you'll be OK:D
Actually open carrying is legal in quite a few places.

Opencarry.org if you want to find out if it's legal in your neck of the woods.

Define Open Carry?
In your car on the seat, Unloaded.
In a holster even without a Gun permit.
Explain?
As said open carrying can be carrying it on your person where anyone can see. If you have it in a holster on your side in plain view it's open carrying. Here you can carry it in your vehicle openly as long as it's clearly visible. You don't have to have a permit here to open carry as long as you are over 18 years old.

Another thing here is that even if you have a concealed permit it is illegal to carry concealed in any place that serves alcohol. So most places like Applebees or Outback that serve alcohol you can't carry concealed even if you do have a permit. However, you can legally open carry even if they do serve alcohol.

You also can't get a concealed permit here until you are 21. However, you can start open carrying at 18.

Those are just a couple of reasons some people open carry. Some have their own reasons for it. It doesn't bother me at all nor does carrying concealed.

I do think they should change it so that you can carry concealed in places that serve alcohol as long as you aren't drinking though. The law got passed last year but then vetoed by the Governor. Hopefully it can make it through this year.

How does carrying a handgun on a regular basis affect any of that?

If you have a random mall shooter, and he guns you down with a concealed weapon on you, how has that helped?

A concealed weapon isn't going to stop terrorists or anyone else for that matter, from doing anything.

What if the random shooter doesn't gun you down? Then what, Stand there Cry and watch men, women and children get gunned down infront of your eyes. Sorry, I'd like the option to help if needed.
And how do you Know a concealed weapon won't stop a terrorist?
As I said its my choice and the government gives me that choice.
You can all do what you wish. But 60 minutes from NY City, I'll Carry.

How so? He was surrounded by men carrying weapons, wasn't he? He was on base.
You would think so, except that carrying weapons on military bases is highly restricted.

It's a PITA to check out your rifle in order to go to the range for annual qualification. At MCAS New River, we couldn't even take them out of the armory, the armory personnel would instead transport them to the range for us.

You would think so, except that carrying weapons on military bases is highly restricted.

It's a PITA to check out your rifle in order to go to the range for annual qualification. At MCAS New River, we couldn't even take them out of the armory, the armory personnel would instead transport them to the range for us.

Sorry, I don't know all the details....

How did a camp psychiatrist have access to weapons if it so restricted?

Sorry, I don't know all the details....

How did a camp psychiatrist have access to weapons if it so restricted?
which camp psychiatrist? Hasan was taken down by a couple of civilian base police officer.

If you mean Hasan, then he carried the weapons into the area illegally. Carry on a base is highly restricted, but they don't x-ray everyone who drives on base.

All the laws in the world are only going to stop the people who follow them. If some of the law abiders there had been allowed to carry, then they would have been in the position to stop him. But since they were following the rules, they couldn't.

All the laws in the world are only going to stop the people who follow them. If some of the law abiders there had been allowed to carry, then they would have been in the position to stop him. But since they were following the rules, they couldn't.

I couldn't have said this better myself. Those ones that were following the rules also aren't the ones you have to worry about. They would also be the only ones effected by a weapons ban btw.

Another thing here is that even if you have a concealed permit it is illegal to carry concealed in any place that serves alcohol. So most places like Applebees or Outback that serve alcohol you can't carry concealed even if you do have a permit.

What a dumb law, kinda defeats the purpose. Maybe someone wants to carry a gun into a place that serves alcohol in case some drunken, depressed person whips out a gun and starts shooting people.

If you are legally carrying a concealed weapon how is anyone at APPLEBEES or OUTBACK going to know you have a weapon ? Do they pat you down or make you go thru a metal detector ? If you keep it concealed and don't tell anyone you could walk in a place that serves alcohol anytime you wanted to with a gun.

They probably wouldn't know and your chances of getting caught are probably slim however it's still against the law. It's not Applebees or Outback that say you can't carry the guns there it's the state that says it's against the law since they serve alcohol. Therefore to me it wouldn't be worth the risk. I'd either leave it in the car or open carry it as I'm not one to take the chance that I would get caught when it isn't that big of a deal to open carry it.

What a dumb law, kinda defeats the purpose. Maybe someone wants to carry a gun into a place that serves alcohol in case some drunken, depressed person whips out a gun and starts shooting people.

If you are legally carrying a concealed weapon how is anyone at APPLEBEES or OUTBACK going to know you have a weapon ? Do they pat you down or make you go thru a metal detector ? If you keep it concealed and don't tell anyone you could walk in a place that serves alcohol anytime you wanted to with a gun.
Your Right, But the difference is they don't just hand these permits to everyone. Most people do know the rules and they do abide by them. If they don't they lose their right to carry.
You guys worry about the wrong reasons. You don't need a permit to walk into a bar with a gun.
Just remember that . Criminals do that all the time.
The people that went through the trouble to get these permits , obviously they are following the law.

Another thing here is that even if you have a concealed permit it is illegal to carry concealed in any place that serves alcohol. So most places like Applebees or Outback that serve alcohol you can't carry concealed even if you do have a permit. However, you can legally open carry even if they do serve alcohol.
Thats not true (atleast in Florida). You can carry a concealed weapon in a food establishment that sells alcohol if you have a concealed permit. You just can't sit at the bar and you can't consume any alcohol.

They probably wouldn't know and your chances of getting caught are probably slim however it's still against the law. It's not Applebees or Outback that say you can't carry the guns there it's the state that says it's against the law since they serve alcohol. Therefore to me it wouldn't be worth the risk. I'd either leave it in the car or open carry it as I'm not one to take the chance that I would get caught when it isn't that big of a deal to open carry it.

If you walked into APPLEBEES with a gun on your person in plain site I'm sure they'd say we don't want you to bring that in here and refuse to serve you. Even if you're legally carrying a gun they can tell you to go back outside, leave it in the car, or don't come back in. If you argued about it they could call the police and get you arrested for disorderly conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.