Votes: 39 56.5%
  • I sometimes carry but not often

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • I open carry but don't have a concealed permit

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little surprised about how many people own a gun and am completely shocked about all the concealed carriers.....I must be naive.

You guys must live in a scary world. :)

Not really, just realistic. I dont expect anything to happen, just want to be prepared if it does. Nothing wrong with being cautious within the law.

Of course we have had these discussions at sonicbabble, and perhaps that is where this one should be?

SonicBabble.com if anyone is interested. If so, let me know, ill start the thread there. Mostly satguys members, so we are happy to do it.

Not really, just realistic. I dont expect anything to happen, just want to be prepared if it does. Nothing wrong with being cautious within the law.

Of course we have had these discussions at sonicbabble, and perhaps that is where this one should be?

SonicBabble.com if anyone is interested. If so, let me know, ill start the thread there. Mostly satguys members, so we are happy to do it.
Makes you wonder if people are aware of what been happing over seas and in our back yards. Wake Up people!

Makes you wonder if people are aware of what been happing over seas and in our back yards. Wake Up people!

Its not just that, I simply dont understand why people fear a firearm. Its a tool used to protect ones self. Like a lock more or less. Like I said, I dont expect anything to happen, but I am prepared in case it does. I lock my doors at night, as do most here I would think.

Nothing wrong with being safe. I think many just have a misconception about fire arms and the people that carry them.

Its not just that, I simply dont understand why people fear a firearm.
Its a tool
used to protect ones self. Like a lock more or less. Like I said, I dont expect anything to happen, but I am prepared in case it does. I lock my doors at night, as do most here I would think.

Nothing wrong with being safe. I think many just have a misconception about fire arms and the people that carry them.

That right there is the key word "tool". I have many tools and my sidearm is just one of them.

Good Idea ;)

Yeah I don't get why people are afraid of them either. Like you said they are just another tool. It's not like they just go off like some anti gun people seem to want you to believe. When used in crimes it's not the guns fault as the gun wasn't the one that just went off. It's the person pulling the triggers fault. Not like they can commit crimes on their own.

As for the reason I started this thread I started one of a few different message boards I'm on. All were different types of forums. One for motorcycles, one for cars, and this one. I wanted to see if as many people carried concealed as I'd imagined they do.

Nope...matter of personal choice. My whole family are chicago police officers and I was trained to shoot a revolver by age 6. I have a FOI card and am proud of exercising my right to bear arms...however, I also exercise my right to choose not too...

I grew up in a pretty sinister neighborhood in Chicago, and packing heat to 'protect yourself' didn't really do that against a true criminal type. You see, by packing heat in that neighborhood, by carrying a weapon you weren't saying "I'm prepared to shoot you if you...", you are saying "if you want to get me bad enough, you better shoot me first." It was all about escalation...and if you carried a weapon, all it did was escalate a potential problem, not avoid one...

So no, as a matter of principal I do not carry a weapon. I firmly believe that every properly trained American with a willingness and conviction to use a weapon for its intended purpose (personal protection) deserves the right carry one. For myself, I recognize my personal lack of conviction to use it, so therefore choose not to carry it to avoid any perception that I MIGHT use it, should it cause a situation to escalate...

But thats me...

Some people have guns because they like to target shoot, trap shoot or whatever.
Some people like to collect baseball cards.
Just because a person has a gun doesn't mean they're a "gun nut".

I agree that you have the right to not carry one. That's 100% your choice and shouldn't be up to anyone else. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to carry one. However, I also don't see anything wrong with wanting to carry one for the people that follow the proper measures to legally carry one. As long as they are legally carrying it I have no problem with that either.

I get a kick out of the signs you see at stores that say - GUNS BANNED FROM THIS BUILDING or whatever the signs say. If you have a conceal and carry permit you can legally walk right by those signs with a gun. If they find out you have a gun all they can do is ask you to leave, you can't get arrested.

I don't agree with a guy a work that once said that if you have a gun in your house you'll probably end up getting shot with it. That wasn't just what he thought about his own house, he was saying it in regards to anyone that has a gun in their house.

I don't know where he came up with that one.
:confused:

Maybe he figures that if some stranger breaks into your house they will immediately find your gun and shoot you with it.

Someone could break in and stab you with your own kitchen knife.
I wonder if he has any of those in his own house ?

I fully support the 2nd amendment and own several guns. I've never felt the need to carry then, other than in a case going to a range. If you feel the need, and jump through the hoops, no problems.

I question how much safer one really is when packing. Don't let your pistol give you a false sense of security. I'm sure the four cops in Tacoma the other week, may they rest in peace, hadn't checked their guns at the door.

I question how much safer one really is when packing. Don't let your pistol give you a false sense of security. I'm sure the four cops in Tacoma the other week, may they rest in peace, hadn't checked their guns at the door.

I would hope that people carrying a gun don't have that I'm a badass, nobody better mess with me attitude because they are carrying a gun. I can see people wanting to even the score if someone tried to rob them with a gun and they can grab their own gun quick enough.

I would hope that people carrying a gun don't have that I'm a badass, nobody better mess with me attitude because they are carrying a gun. I can see people wanting to even the score if someone tried to rob them with a gun and they can grab their own gun quick enough.

But you know there are a lot of people out there with exactly that attitude. Is your second sentence here serious or sarcastic?

Depends where I'm at.

Can't carry one into work, as we're a DoD contractor.
I keep a few at home, and depending on the time of the year, in my truck.

I have a CC permit, but seldom carry concealed on my person, if I have a pistol with me, it's usually in a case. Typically if I have one holstered, it's when hunting.

Pretty much everything I have is a long gun. I only have one pistol, which is typically a backup when hunting, and target practice.

Please elaborate and explain.
I shouldn't have to.
Home invasions, terrorist plots. I guess when you never lost a Family member to the war in Iraq,or 911 you have a different outlook. Don't think that stuff can't happend in our homes and businesses. The nation isn't as secure as it once was. I like to take as many steps as I can to protect my family and my nation. I'm not asking anyone else to do anything.

I love the last option in the poll.
Open Carry
I don't think thats legal anywhere unless you are a law officer. Unless you're on your own property ,or in the woods hunting.
If you walked into walmart with a ShotGun in your arm, My guess if your not shot on site ,You will be going to Jail.:)
Maybe in Texas you'll be OK:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)