Do you get Pixelation problems

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Do you guys get macroblocking/pixelation problems on charter HD channels? I do..not sure what is causing it...any idea?

On my charter I occasionally get pixelation but it is rare. Altho my boss had several issues with his HD on Charter. He had several service calls and the tweaked things in. Eventually he went thru 2 boxes before he got it sorted out.

Also note if you have the Motorola Moxi you want to be sure it has plenty of ventilation. I have read somewhere heat can be an issue.

Lawl they are sending another guy this Thursday morning...with a different box...i hope this guys knows what is happening..if he doesn't ill break my receiver on his head and tell him why the fk he came. Sorry but if you are installing HDTV receivers..and don't know whats the problem with ur product..then they shouldn't be installing this.

Well either charter fixes this crap..or i am not paying this month bill and cancelling. I been pushed around for over a month with this problem.

Icewolf

You may also want to note if it is happening at a specific time of the day. This may also help the tech troubleshoot the issue. Also try to be umm... civil to the tech that comes and get his phone number. If it is a specific time of day you may be able to get him to come at the time that you are having issues.

With my moxi I am not sure if I could see the signals in the service menu I will look later tonight. If so you may want to jot down the levels if they are changing durring pixalization.

I get pixelations all times when things in the movies run fast...or sports...sad..all my HD channels are affected..I am sick and tired of this company...they suck hard. Sorry but i had it..30 minutes on hold to speak with a rep..hell DTV and Dish Network can do better than that. I am going to cancel my service tomorrow morning first thing and call Dish Network and get a free 622 receiver.

Icewolf

I can understand your frustrations with Charter....They are way over priced for their slow internet speeds. But to get anything fixed I found it better to go to my local office instead of using their phone support. As for going with D* or E* I had E* for a while and they where good as a TV provider but with my internet costs it was more economical for me to go back to Charter.

I did try other ISP's in my area well only one option that was Verizon and they where unreliable.

Good luck with your attempt at a free 622.

Motorcycle..i will keep charter High Speed internet...i won't have their HD service anymore along the channels..just HS internet.

IceWolf

Let us know how the 622 pulls thru for you. I think you are experiancing the problem with cable companies....The service quality depends on your market.

On another note. In your market does Charter add $10.00 to your bill for Net because of not having Video service?

Talking about service I found this funny. Its about Charters Online Chat.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,17635930

Charter Live chat is the lamest thing ever..half of the time they don't answer and about 60% of the times the livechat doesn't have anyone responding...
They are adding 10$ for all the tiers...which is lame..i have about 2 tiers (the movie tier and digital tier) so thats almost like a 15-20$ price increase...i believe..

BTW about 622..i am just waiting for February 1st..i set the installation date and everything and they will give me the receiver + installation on the 1st and have everything good to go that day. + they are giving me a deal 79.99$ for HD platinum tiers for 10 months on top of the 622 receiver for free along free installation...btw this is thru my local retailer...
Also i know you get some kinda credit if i sign up with yer thing...please PM your code so you can get like 50$ in credit for your next statement for Dish Network..

Icewolf

I do not have E* anymore so I will not get any credit from them. When I dropped them.... Approx a year ago it was because of the cost of upgrading to the 622 at the time -v- getting a HD DVR from Charter for only the lease fee's. The only regrets I have are the SD channels on Charter look like ass compaired to E*'s. The HD and Digital's looked about the same at the time.

Another regret is that the Moxi in my opinion is glocky. Not at all user friendly and so on compaired to the E* DVR's I had.

As for the price increases well I am under contract from Charter till June so I will probably need to make a choice at that time till then for what I get I cannot beat the price I pay.

well Dish HD won't be able to beat the price i pay for charter atm..but their lousy SD channel quality + HD channel quality with this HD box is lame...
I heard the moxi will be discontinued since is a such lousy box...the new motorola dvr hd is nice..might want to give that one a try..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts