Pixelation at times on distant locals

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I'm in the Chattanooga Tennessee market and we receive Atlanta news at 4pm, 5, 6, and 11pm. During the weather and traffic segments, the station pixelates. Is this because the cable company is using an OTA to receive the distant station? Chattanooga locals don't do this. Thanks, Andy

I'm in the Chattanooga Tennessee market and we receive Atlanta news at 4pm, 5, 6, and 11pm. During the weather and traffic segments, the station pixelates. Is this because the cable company is using an OTA to receive the distant station? Chattanooga locals don't do this. Thanks, Andy

I don't think so. Does this channel pixelate at any other time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, it may not be you. It could be the station pixelating at the local headend The only way to find out is to call in and have them open up a ticket for the local market to check. It could be the station pixelating to the headend, or could be something wrong at the headend It doesn't sound like it would be a signal issue since it's only during certain parts of the local news. Bypass tier I and Tier II and Call Tier III in Denver 888-824-8988

Reactions: andy_horton
Changed from Dish to Comcast a few months ago. I do notice audio dropouts and occasional video dropouts. Maybe it's a X1 thing. Do you have X1?

Changed from Dish to Comcast a few months ago. I do notice audio dropouts and occasional video dropouts. Maybe it's a X1 thing. Do you have X1?

Since X1 is very much reliant on the signal levels vs legacy, this can effect audio drop outs too. Also.. It could be the local headend or an issue with the network. Hard to say at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)