Do you get to keep equip.?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jimmy J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Wallingford, VT.
Just wondering, if after your term agreement is up do you get to keep the equip? I signed up with E* a few months ago with a up to 4 room free install & no euip to buy deal and a 6 month agreement. How does one get to keep his euip without having bought it out right?

I have an 811, 301 & 322.

Just mulling the idea of getting another provider. I want the networks in HD, but can't get them anywhere. I have my local networks, but none of it is in HD. It really ticks me off when at the start of a program, it says it's an HD program but it's not, at least not in my area. And the $10/mo for 5 channels in the HD pak is absurd.

When will E* start providing MORE HD programming!!!???

Jimmy
Wallingford, Vermont.
(Digital White Area) Cant get crap OTA, digital or analog.

Jimmy J said:
Just wondering, if after your term agreement is up do you get to keep the equip? I signed up with E* a few months ago with a up to 4 room free install & no euip to buy deal and a 6 month agreement. How does one get to keep his euip without having bought it out right?

Just mulling the idea of getting another provider. I want the networks in HD, but can't get them anywhere. I have my local networks, but none of it is in HD. It really ticks me off when at the start of a program, it says it's an HD program but it's not, at least not in my area. And the $10/mo for 5 channels in the HD pak is absurd.

Jimmy
Wallingford, Vermont.

Hey Jimmy,

If you look carefully, it will say "HD where available". With the 811, HD networks (with the exception of CBS) will NOT be in HD unless you're get it with OTA. I'm also in a digital white area and can't get my locals with antenna. But I was able to get a waiver from my local CBS to be able to get distant network for CBS.

F

Jimmy J said:

Jimmy
Wallingford, Vermont.

To answer your first question, that depends on what kind of contract you have with them. If it is a lease only, then you don't keep it. That's something you'll have to find out with them or checking a copy of your contract. If you have the dough to spend another way to get the US HD networks (both east and west) is to get the canadian ExpressVu system. They're supposed to have over 20 or so HD channels, including the US networks.

Yeah, I could certainly do that, but then I'd most certainly lose my locals...and I just got them!

With the new legislation passed or soon to be passed, can we count on Charlie adding some more HD programming anytime soon? And will networks be available as well?

I read somewhere here that Charlie won't be adding anymore HD channels until the big MPEG-4 switch. When that happens will my 811, 301 & 322 become paper weights?

Jimmy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)