Do you have a new provider lined up if Voom goes dark on 4/1/05??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Has everyone made plans if Voom is shutoff on 3/31/05?? If you have a service in mind, which one and why?

My plan is to worry about it if and when the beam stops coming. Especially given the fact all the previous shutoff date guesses have already passed :D .

vurbano said:
Has everyone made plans if Voom is shutoff on 3/31/05?? If you have a service in mind, which one and why?

I still have D* subscription. So it is easy for me just to keep it. Easy. It has all the channels plus DNS HD. I will miss TNT-HD and all the Voom exlusive, though.

I voted "No, I'm not considering it", because I'm not considering any other providers anymore -- not because I'm not considering the possibility that Voom won't be around after March. Wasn't too sure what the "it" stood for.

If Voom goes dark I'll be sticking with OTA until another provider offers what I consider to be enough HD at a reasonable price.

vurbano said:

geez man, let Mr.Dolan have the chance to find the money first before you are dancing on Voom's grave, just be happy you have the service that so many other "Voomers" are happy with, if you want to go, leave, don't try to bring everyone else into what you are thinking.

If VOOM goes dark we are mothballing the HDTV until HD DVDs come out or until another provider offers enough quality HD programming without commercials as Voom currently does, whichever comes first.

No way will we go with another service full of commercials and mostly SD.

Space Junk????

I don't belive that a 3 million dollar satellite will become space junk and very very expensive frequencies/bandwith will be abandoned. There will be programming on it whether it is VOOM or Dish programming.[/B] :)

I will continue with the HD cable (Buckeye Cable).
I have their HDDVR, but can't seem to tear myself away from Voom.

Why would I want to jump off this grand adventure.

hieight said:
I don't belive that a 3 million dollar satellite will become space junk and very very expensive frequencies/bandwith will be abandoned. There will be programming on it whether it is VOOM or Dish programming.[/B] :)

The sat is being sold to E* not mothballed.

Ota

TheTimm said:
I voted "No, I'm not considering it", because I'm not considering any other providers anymore -- not because I'm not considering the possibility that Voom won't be around after March. Wasn't too sure what the "it" stood for.

If Voom goes dark I'll be sticking with OTA until another provider offers what I consider to be enough HD at a reasonable price.

I agree, OTA. No other provider has enough HD programming to warrant subscribing to their service.

bruce said:
geez man, let Mr.Dolan have the chance to find the money first before you are dancing on Voom's grave, just be happy you have the service that so many other "Voomers" are happy with, if you want to go, leave, don't try to bring everyone else into what you are thinking.

I guess you dont understand the word "if"

Im a Directv sub already...so I'll keep that and add the HD Lite Pack again. But Im really hoping I dont have to do that.

I wiil go back to my big dish. I refuse to go to E or D. I can get all what D & E offers and the price is less and the picture is better. I went with Voom because of the HD chamnnels.

We still have D* HD(though not watching it at the moment)if VOOM doesn't make I will stay with them.Hope VOOM does make it though

Yes, it will be OTA only at my house. After waiting 11 months for the Lifetime channel, if VOOM goes dark the missus will see to it that it's lights out for me too. :no :p Actually a moot point since VOOM service will continue.

I already have cable- they do not have HD yet but have announced a better package than E* or D* for this year- so I will just wait and see what transpires. Probably will increase use of DVD and D-VHS players though.

riffjim4069 said:
Yes, it will be OTA only at my house. After waiting 11 months for the Lifetime channel, if VOOM goes dark the missus will see to it that it's lights out for me too. :no :p Actually a moot point since VOOM service will continue.

It might be lights out for you anyways if she starts watching Lifetime again, on that channel all men are either evil, drunks, drug addicts, abusers, cheaters or some of them or all of them together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)