Do you have a Sadoun Polar Mount?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Just wondered if anyone has a Sadoun SP180 replacement polar mount? I am looking for a measurement on a part on that mount, but can't get an email answer from them. So, I thought I would check here.

Rtcat i do have a sadoun 6ft (180cm) cband dish from sadoun with the polar mount. Bought it new from them 1.5 years ago. I could measure something on it if i have what you need? I cant remember the exact model of the polar mount.

Rtcat i do have a sadoun 6ft (180cm) cband dish from sadoun with the polar mount. Bought it new from them 1.5 years ago. I could measure something on it if i have what you need? I cant remember the exact model of the polar mount.
Ah, an answer from a uper. One Michigander to another. Since you listed your dish as 180cm and their model number is SP180, I'll bet you have the right one. What is the outside diameter of the mounting ring? Need to check if it will fit something. Don't go outside now. A bear might get you:eek:!
Thanks.

i have two of the sp180 mounts. one on a sadoun 6' and one on a homebuilt 8'. 582mm on both outside diameter of the mounting ring. what i need on that polar mout is to get an aproximate distance of the declination distance on that mount. charlie

I have two of the sp180 mounts.......582mm on both outside diameter of the mounting ring.

OK. That converts to 22.913 inches. Thanks.

......what I need on that polar mount is to get an aproximate distance of the declination distance on that mount. charlie
Declination is an interesting problem. Much talk here on that subject. It will be something I will also have to research if/when I can work on and setup this dish in the Spring. We would be different due to our locations.

i think i got pretty close today. weather was in the mid 40's, little windy but ok and could adjust to my hearts content. did the moving dish part at the end of travel. it worked ok because i now am getting nbc on k band on amc 1. haven't been about to get it in a while... my lat is 41.7. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts