Do you have a separate dish for G10?

Do you have a separate dish for Galaxy 10?

• No

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Yes and I have a motorized unit too

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Yes because of LOS issues but you have a motorized too

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Yes and all my dishes are fixed..no motor

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Yes and its independent of motorized

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I thought about this after putting up the T90 dish. I took down my G10 dish, which has been up for almost 3 years now (the first dish I got I ghetto moved but it usually was on G10) but even after I shifted the T90 to cover 72-110 now I only have G10 on the motorized which is weird for me. Which got me thinking whether or not to put it back up.

So the question is...
do you have a separate dish for Galaxy 10?

No
Yes and I have a motorized unit too
Yes because of LOS issues (but you have a motorized too and the motorized cant see G10)
Yes (and all my dishes are fixed..no motor)
Yes (and its independent of motorized)...in other words the G10 dish is no way integrated into your main setup. I use to be like this

lots of fixed dishs here, only one motorized and that is my 10' bud

I voted yes and all my dishes are fixed which is true, but the main reason for this is LOS issues. I really have to place my dishes carefully and sometimes trim branches. In a month or so when all the leaves are gone I may have better luck with some other satellites. Then I might put a motorized one or possibly a torrodial on the roof.

I originally set up a primestar for g10r after reading about how to do it on this site. Since then I've added another LNB strapped next to the primestar lnb to pick up White Springs on IA7. I use an old 18" dish and lnb for Nasa and audio. If there was more to view on other satellites I might get interested in a motorized dish. I know there are feeds I am missing, but my receiver doesn't have the blind scan feature so that would have to be upgraded as well.

Last edited:
Well for now I have only 1 Dish thats stationary that I'm locked on to G10 and IA-7 I plan on getting another larger dish and a motor for the other satellites.that I am able to point at.Since I live in KY.have to point between Hills

lets see i have
1 c-band dish
1 primestar round on a motor
1 primestar round (not up)
3 primestar ovals not set up (test dishes)
1 18 in dtv not set up
2 oval dtv dishes 1 set up one not

how is it?

Nope...can only afford a motorized dish right now. But, how do you like that T90? I was thinking about getting that one instead of the motor, but I couldn't find anyone to tell me anything definitive about it.
You know, I was the one asking about what you could get with a small dish the other day. I'm thinking about setting up one apiece for a couple of sats. What do you think?;)

thetractorking said:
But, how do you like that T90? I was thinking about getting that one instead of the motor, but I couldn't find anyone to tell me anything definitive about it.
You know, I was the one asking about what you could get with a small dish the other day. I'm thinking about setting up one apiece for a couple of sats. What do you think?;)

Here is my review
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=77005

I don't like it...I L O V E the dish :)

Yes I have a seperate Dish for G10R. Its not motorized but my 1.2 Meter Dish IS. :)

G10R has had some cool stuff on it lately.

Hell, I may just get the bent dish back out, bend it back, and see if I can get lucky with a feed from G10. I'll set that one up for grandma. I KNOW she would love to have RTN.

Speaking of G10R, I've noticed in the last couple of days (when it hasn't been raining) that 11718's signal quality has increased and is almost as strong as 11798. Has the interference gone, or have they boosted the signal?

Keith Brannen said:
Speaking of G10R, I've noticed in the last couple of days (when it hasn't been raining) that 11718's signal quality has increased and is almost as strong as 11798. Has the interference gone, or have they boosted the signal?

shhhhhhh...dont jinx it :)

BKP said:
Iceberg, you got guys thinking about that T90.. Your photos are pretty impressive.. And you added it to your signature, cool...

I hopefully will have it set up 100% by this weekend including all the wiring (just waiting on some parts). But it just looks eerie on my roof with only one dish (and its getting lonely) :D

As for people thinking, I was one of them who thought the dish was a joke (no way that works like they say). Most of the reviews I saw were 3 or 4 LNB's and the pictures were from Europe. But this has been one fo the funnest reviews I've done. :)

Ice,

I see you have it mounted on a table.... if the table moves would that not mess up you aim or is the table mouthed to the floor? :)

Gary Z said:
Ice,

I see you have it mounted on a table.... if the table moves would that not mess up you aim or is the table mouthed to the floor? :)

nope the table is just there, not bolted down. It aint going anywhere
-the table is heavy
-the table top is bulky and heavy (it was in 4 pieces)
-the dish weighs 35 pounds
-the 70 pound sandbag on the back :)

I had my C-Band on there and the table never moved

That ought to hold it down :)

Iceberg said:
nope the table is just there, not bolted down. It aint going anywhere
-the table is heavy
-the table top is bulky and heavy (it was in 4 pieces)
-the dish weighs 35 pounds
-the 70 pound sandbag on the back :)

I had my C-Band on there and the table never moved

I voted for # 4. Due to trees/house, I would need at least 3 motorized to see the whole arc from AMC 6. AMC 6 to AMC 3, IA 8 to AMC 1 and the 3rd on to the West of that.

Tony -
I'm interested in all your findings of signal quality and such on that new dish once it's operated compared to your other dishes. I'm moving next summer to Albuquerque/Rio Rancho where there are no high euclyptus trees and this T90 sounds like a good option.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)