Do you have window tint on your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then you are not a criminal or a police officer.....

No, no I am not. you have no way of knowing that he is either. OR do we have anyway of knowing you are.

I just think we should focus on OUR driving more than whether or not one has dark windows.
The cops can worry about the rest

I recommend the static tint I mentioned earlier unless you are pretty confident in your ability to do it. The other tint (with the glue) gives you little margin for error. With the static tint, if you mess up (within reason), you simply take it off, reposition, and start over.

I will look and see what brand it is that I used.
I do know that the Auto Zone in town here carried it and the tint instal kit that I use.

I recommend the static tint I mentioned earlier unless you are pretty confident in your ability to do it. The other tint (with the glue) gives you little margin for error. With the static tint, if you mess up (within reason), you simply take it off, reposition, and start over.

I do know that the Auto Zone in town here carried it and the tint instal kit that I use.

When I was younger and use to tint my car windows it wasn't that hard, you just have to make sure you use a lot of water.

I would like to tint my SUVs windows, but it has a rear window defogger in it. Can you still tint those windows or will it get ruined when you turn on the defogger?

When I was younger and use to tint my car windows it wasn't that hard, you just have to make sure you use a lot of water.

I would like to tint my SUVs windows, but it has a rear window defogger in it. Can you still tint those windows or will it get ruined when you turn on the defogger?
You can still do it. I have seen a few people have problems, but most have none

I've tried doing regular tint and it's much harder than it looks. Always comes out looking like crap when I try to do it. I can't ever get it cut right and then when I put it on and try to get the water out it always wants to slide. I've thought about getting some static cling stuff though and trying it. The thing I was afraid of is that it would peel when you rolled down the windows. Is this a problem or does it do okay? I've heard of some tinters using it on the rear windows that aren't glass like on the Miata's and stuff but they told me it peels if you use it on roll down windows. That's the biggest reason I haven't tried it.

You just have to make sure that you get the bottom part of it below the window seam (just like regular tint). It stays on just as well, unless you go to actually pull it off.

My car has no tint which really bugs me, but it has a good climate control system so its ok, and its just for commuting. The Suburban though i have with pretty dark tint, not limo, but dark (cant remember the percentage). I don't want people seeing what i am up to inside my truck ;-)

I got pulled over and ticketed $85 a few years ago in my pickup, they had a little light meter to test it with and it was way too dark. Paid the ticket and off i went.

Maybe they let you leave the tint on, figuring on getting a few more $85 payments out of you? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)