Do you like getting annual pay raises at work how about promotions?

Yes it adds up. Now ,you may be in the ballpark on the initial cost to install in fact for the sake of discussion I will stipulate to your numbers. Dish gets that back and then some once a customer crosses that 24 month threshold. So the "cost" is really nothing.
I still think your numbers are inflated though. I maintain and the facts bear this out that programming costs are driving sub rates
The published Subscriber Acquisition Cost in the SEC filings for Q3 was $861 per sub. The figure includes equipment, install, promo and advertising costs.

My guess is the SAC is probably a heavily front loaded number so that future recurring revenue looks even better.

The $600-$1500 figures are probably not too far off, but include much more than just the "install" costs.

it includes not only parts installed but pay and benefits(not just the tech but all the behind the scene people like hr and the management chain), fuel costs,vehicle maintenance, training, plus all those free credits that are given away at sign up and across the length of time the account is active also included in this cost is all the customers that do not pay their bills which the company has to end up eating the loss.

then there is all the factories that are building the equipment plus logistic costs to getting that equipment from the factory into a the hands of the tech.

this adds up rather quickly.

I'm curious as well, where did you get that number? I'm sure all those factors play a role, but did someone give you that number or is it a guess?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts