Do you LOVE the Welcome Pack?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vcr1980

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2018
The Welcome Pack looks pretty sweet.

History
Hallmark
Hallmark movie and mystery
Boomerang -- Scooby Doo and Flintstones!
HGTV
Comedy Central
CMT
TBS

Wow --- this sounds really sweet. Do you like your welcome pack and why?

Reactions: pattykay
I Love my Welcome Pack. I get HGTV, History, CMT, Hallmark, HMM, & I get 30 channels of local tv on my OTA TiVo. Add in my Prime Fire stick and I do not even need Netflix. I did add the movie pack for more movies than I can watch.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
The Welcome Pack + streaming is a good combination for us. The Welcome Pack, which includes locals, is THE reason we still subscribe to Dish. Our Dish bill is $41.07 all up. We stream most of our viewing via PBS, Amazon Prime & Acorn TV.

Every few months ALL Dish Subscribers get Free Previews of HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, etc. which include the their On Demand libraries. We use our Hooper 3 to record multiple programs simultaneously and download On Demand titles that typically can be watched up to 3 weeks after download.

We used to have the Welcome Pack with our Hopper 2000 back in the day. Once my discounts expire in another year or so, I will probably switch back to it. We watch so much more on streaming services than we do on linear TV any more, I am really on the fence about keeping linear TV in the long run. Really, the only reasons are local channels and avoiding OnDemand commercials. If I could get good OTA reception, I'd probably go back to a Tivo setup. YTTV and the other services are tempting, but most seem to want to ruin the experience in some way. If DVRing something means I get the OnDemand version, fine, but let me FF the commercials like I can on my Hopper or pay a monthly fee to avoid the commercials. Anyway, the Welcome Pack is a good solution for now as I see it.

The Welcome Pack + streaming is a good combination for us. The Welcome Pack, which includes locals, is THE reason we still subscribe to Dish. Our Dish bill is $41.07 all up.
My Flex Pack bill is $48. Could be less than $38 if I dropped the Latino Bonus pack.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)