do you really think Dish is gonna add channels requested in the "official channel request thread".

Naa. The "official request" list is just a way to note that one customers wants a channel. There will be no follow-up, no notices, and probably no action. Basically it's a black hole to make subscribers feel like they have a voice.

Naa. The "official request" list is just a way to note that one customers wants a channel. There will be no follow-up, no notices, and probably no action. Basically it's a black hole to make subscribers feel like they have a voice.

Exactly!

The only way they will carry a channel is if they can get it for the right price, and if they feel that it will either help them gain new subscribers or stop existing subscribers from leaving.

The list was setup to make it easier for people to request channels instead of members posting individual messages for channels they want.

When someone goes into that list and sees a channel they want they click on like or thanks which gives a better count to how many SatelliteGuys members want that channel.

This makes it easier for DISH to monitor then trying to monitor individual messages which around here can get lost quick.

The DISH team is indeed monitoring the thread and taking note of what you want. Will it help get new channels? That I don't know.. but it is easier for DISH to see that 125 of our members want FearNet, 33 want beIN sport HD and 4 people want the Bob Haller Conspiracy Channel in 3D. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dosen't look like the thread means much if only 33 want beIN and 125 want FearNet which one is active?
The list was setup to make it easier for people to request channels instead of members posting individual messages for channels they want.

When someone goes into that list and sees a channel they want they click on like or thanks which gives a better count to how many SatelliteGuys members want that channel.

This makes it easier for DISH to monitor then trying to monitor individual messages which around here can get lost quick.

The DISH team is indeed monitoring the thread and taking note of what you want. Will it help get new channels? That I don't know.. but it is easier for DISH to see that 125 of our members want FearNet, 33 want beIN sport HD and 4 people want the Bob Haller Conspiracy Channel in 3D. :D

125? :shocked i only see that 21 have clicked liked or thanks

gpollock87 said:
125? :shocked i only see that 21 have clicked liked or thanks

I will get to liking it next time I am actually on my computer. Still waiting for the update to be able to do it on the app.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Well... I'm surprised that so few people are voting. I think ESPNU got the most votes with just over 40. But it's hard to tell without slogging through the whole thread every time you want to see what the tally is. I can't believe DIRT has the time to do that.

I fully expect that every channel requested will be made available ........................... sooooooooon. :tongue:

All seriousness aside, it may not do anything but it can't hurt.

Dish seems to be in a stagnate mode for adding channels this year. They are losing channels, but not adding anything, or anything which the customers have been requesting. I don't recall a year like this from Dish. Perhaps the money they are saving by cutting channels is needed elsewhere this year. Puzzling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)