do you really think Dish is gonna add channels requested in the "official channel request thread".

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish seems to be in a stagnate mode for adding channels this year. They are losing channels, but not adding anything, or anything which the customers have been requesting. I don't recall a year like this from Dish. Perhaps the money they are saving by cutting channels is needed elsewhere this year. Puzzling.

Not only are we losing channels , our bills stayed the same. At least till next February when the price hike hits.

Dish seems to be in a stagnate mode for adding channels this year. They are losing channels, but not adding anything, or anything which the customers have been requesting. I don't recall a year like this from Dish. Perhaps the money they are saving by cutting channels is needed elsewhere this year. Puzzling.
the only channels that have been added this year are epix drive in,rural tv, universal sports, and bein sport (correct me if i forgot something) . and then we lost the 4 amc networks channels so we gained nothing. dish is suppose to be getting the surfing channel and IMO that is not a good add. dish needs to get to adding!

Bills remain the same whether we lose OR GAIN channels. When EPIX was added, the bill didn't increase.
the only channels that have been added this year are epix drive in,rural tv, universal sports, and bein sport (correct me if i forgot something) . and then we lost the 4 amc networks channels so we gained nothing.
To each their own. I rarely watched AMC and gained beIN sports, so that is a gain to me. It varies from customer to customer. And IFC wasn't much of a loss, seeing they really weren't doing the Indie scene anymore.
dish is suppose to be getting the surfing channel and IMO that is not a good add. dish needs to get to adding!
Is there much left to add? Dish already has too many redundant channels with fluff programming.

Next lose of channels will be the Disney and ESPN group.

I doubt dish will want to pay the hugh increase Disney network will demand.
Double edge sword, neither Dish nor Disney can afford to lose one another, though I think Dish would come out the better, though lose subs to Directv. Disney allegedly gets $5 a month per sub. Dish has what 13 million subs? That 65 million a month or $780 million a year. So nearly $1 billion in revenue disappears when they lose Dish.

On the other hand Dish would lose the ESPN's, likely the Disney's as well... though their expenses drop much more than losing anything else. They probably could afford to offer other stuff as parts of lower packages, mainly Hub, NHL, NBA, and MLB.

It'd be bloody, and as I noted, Disney can't afford to lose Dish.

Bills remain the same whether we lose OR GAIN channels. When EPIX was added, the bill didn't increase.
To each their own. I rarely watched AMC and gained beIN sports, so that is a gain to me. It varies from customer to customer. And IFC wasn't much of a loss, seeing they really weren't doing the Indie scene anymore.
Is there much left to add? Dish already has too many redundant channels with fluff programming.

yes it does vary. I don't watch soccer. and yes there are channels out there they can add just look at the request thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)