Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I live in a typical suburban neighborhood with lots of houses. When it snows, I make sure to clear my sidewalk. 75% of my neighbors do not, so I've noticed lots of people walking their dogs in the street.

Yes, I do. Both mine and my neighbors since they don't have a snow blower. Still have to walk the dog in the street until the snow melts, because most don't shovel their driveway.

I live in the sticks so it doesn't matter to anyone but me. But I do clear enough to get from my front stoop to my vehicles. However in our local borough the ordinance requires a homeowner to clear all sidewalks in or abutting his property within 24 hours of a snowfall, using antiskid if necessary. They have to be cleared edge-to-edge including ramps to the street and handicapped accesses.

I answered 'no' because I do have a public access sidewalk in front of my house that I do not bather to shovel. The reason is that this sidewalk ends at both property lines and my neighbors do not have sidewalks. Pedestrians would have to climb over snowbanks to access the walk.

I do shovel my driveway and sidewalk access to the house though.

I answered no because in the 29 years I have lived here it has snowed just once. That was about 1/2 inch. It was gone by 10AM. :)

When I lived in rural NY, there were no sidewalks. The 135 foot driveway was hell though. :D

Always have shoveled to keep sidewalks clear mainly because I dont want someone slipping in front of my house. Dont know if it's because I dont want to see someone hurt or I just dont want to go outside and socialize with someone:D

But this year a friend moving into an apartment when he retires gave me his snowblower so that will make it alot easier!

yes and no

where I live (townhouse complex) we have a company that plows the driveway and shovels the sidewalks to the house

If we get 1/2 inch or so then I usually do it (better than they do) :)

Originally I figured we must be having a shovel shortage in my neighborhood, then I realized that people are just lazy.

I'm a compulsive shoveler often doing it 3-4 times a day if it's snowing.

I answered no because in the 29 years I have lived here it has snowed just once. That was about 1/2 inch. It was gone by 10AM. :)

When I lived in rural NY, there were no sidewalks. The 135 foot driveway was hell though. :D

You must have just missed it. I lived in Santa Rosa from '81-'84 and it snowed twice. Both times <1/2 inch and gone by noon.

135' driveway = no shovel or snowblower for me. Right now my snowblower is a 17 year old boy. Performs pretty well, but it is a bear getting it started ;)

Nope I live in the Atlanta area - If we have snow it doesn't last long enough to matter. :D

I always shovel, even if it's an inch or two, before people can walk extensively on it.

When people walk on the snow, it gets packed down and becomes much harder to remove. Then invariably it thaws and freezes and turns to ice, and the sidewalk becomes a real hazard. So the half hour it usually takes me to shovel my corner lot is well worth the problems that would result if someone were to slip and fall on my sidewalk and get seriously hurt!

I live on a corner lot. I clear the entire sidewalk and wheelchair access area part of the corner.

Sometimes my neighbor lady does it for me, she pushes the snow into the street at the corner so I have to go out and remove it from the street anyways. :rolleyes:

I hate it when lazy idiots shovel or snowblow the snow back out into the street. :mad:

i have not this year. i am not lazy i have been working 18 hours per day this winter. i quite honestly and simply not physically able to after all that. I did salt the heck out of it so it melted it down pretty fast.

last year i shoveled out my driveway and all my sidewalks. i have 1000 square feet of decking out back that i kept shoveled last year. didn't do it this year...was lucky to keep the cars washed and the house cleaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)