Do you still have your first FTA reciever?

DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR FIRST RECEIVER?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My first DVB receiver was a Prosat P-3500 that I got around 1999. It had on screen pid editing and pretty good signal and quality meters. Other features included locking up occasionally, no AC3, and buggy polarization selection.

My first commercially built analog receiver was a DX Antenna 1000A from about 1985. Before that it was 100% home brew. I no longer have any of these.

I not only still have my first digital fta receiver, I also have my first c-band receiver from 1983! I paid $125.00 for it back then. Governments inflation calculator says that's equal to $292.51 today. It was bare-bones.

I'm at work, and this isn't a picture of mine, but it is a pic of the exact receiver. I built-in a switch with 555 timer for polarotor control. Anyway, this is the model, and it's sitting in my garage right now:

$T2eC16RHJI!E9qSO8nJcBRbh0DGIO!~~60_57.JPG $T2eC16NHJIYE9qUcM8VuBRbh0MNBuw~~60_57.JPG

My first receiver I bought was a pansat 2700, think I had it for about a week then I gave it away and bought dreambox 7000, went open source ever since.

Ive been using analog receivers for years previous to that but they were my parent's lol and that really dates me lol. I think the first time I touch a dish was back in 1990. My parents bought a house and it came with a complete cband setup, they had no idea what todo with it so I took over :)

UDL

Kind of. My brother now uses my Openbox s10 (although ironically, I also own a Traxis 3500 and a Mercury II; but they weren't my first!). Less than five years (obviously, with an Openbox being my first receiver hehehe)

From August 2006. Fortec Lifetime Ultra Classic NA. Best blind scan, albeit a bit slow, of any receiver I have had to date (that includes a CS5K). Still use it to find almost everything I care to see (unfortunately it's not good for actually decoding and viewing much anymore). Has been powered on constantly the last 5.5 years, excepting only the occasional lengthy vacation and mains interruption.

Pansat 3500SD, bought in 2006. Not only do I still have it, but is also still in service on my system (as a secondary receiver). As well, if I want to re-point a dish/LNB, or add another LNB, the Pansat is the receiver I use, as its meter is easy to read from a distance. Only use the AZBox for fine tuning on DVB-S2 signals.

I still use my first receiver, a Pansat 2700 purchased in 2005, for dish aiming. The names in the satellite list are, of course, out of date.

I have used my original Uniden 8800 over the last few months to watch an analog feed... Theoretically I use it every day (almost) to move the C-band dish, but that will be ending very soon when a package from California arrives.. :)

Don't have the first DVB receiver any longer. Can't remember a brand but the 'features' listed by ICE (#15) sounds familiar. But I do still have the receiver used to watch and record feeds during the first Gulf War, a Gillespie (70mhz IF) analog*. PAL and NTSC feeds on a couple of Atlantic birds. Midnight to 6am = prime time.
*The GI IRD wouldn't tune or decode most of it as many were 'split transponder'(Using only half the TP bandwidth) or PAL.
The BUD has been 'in place' since '85.

First receiver I actually tried to use was Sonicview Elite SV-360 bought new June 2010 for $174 including tax. I then corrupted its firmware by attempting to update it from corrupted Sonicview website. I drop-kicked the 360 out of here due to frustration replacing it with a used Coolsat 7000 for $40 which I still have. I wish I still had 360 knowing what I know now. Less than 5 years of actually doing FTA, but a lot longer for reading and thinking of doing.

My first was a Viacast DVB model and it still works fine purchased cheap on ebay in 2004. When I upgraded the next year to a Fortec Lifetime Ultra, I got my Dad into FTA on 123W for RTN with it for quite awhile.

When my Fortec was ruined by lightning 2 years later, I bought a Pansat 2700 which is still used to this day for dish tuning duties. I always thought the Fortec had a nice picture using the S video cable compared the 2700. But the 2700 was less buggy with more memory.

I upgraded to HD with a Pansat 9200, used it for a few months and gave up with it and bought a Diamond 9000HD for DVB-S2 and OTA recording, still in use.

Next was a microHD and X2.

I still have my 4DTV receivers but gave in and went to Dish for regular TV a few years ago.

Yes, C-band since early 80's have my Sat Tec in storage (came with 120 degree LNA) bought a 2nd one after getting zapped by lightning, (first one still works though)and my Coolsat 5000 platinum that is my most current, need to upgrade big time)

Yes, a Samsung DSR 2700 bought for $125 around about the turn of the century. It was Samsung's attempt at entering the FTA satellite receiver market. Receiver still works but my son borrowed it for a while and couldn't find the remote when he returned it. No good deed goes unpunished.

DRCars

Hauppauge Nexus S

I took a picture of the box right before I put it in the trash. I try and keep a tidy ship, if it's of no use it gets resold or trashed if worthless. The better half doesn't share my thinking...

dscn3639.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)