Do you still have your first FTA reciever?

DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR FIRST RECEIVER?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My first satellite dish was home made in 1980 and even got a certificate from TBN to receive their signal and re-transmit it! 12 ft Fiberglass Dish, LNA, Downconverter, and all other equipment were also home made for c-band. Home Made Sat RX.jpgTBN Authorization 0017.jpg

yep, I still have my first! ;) Hyundai Electronics DVB-S receiver from 1994'ish. Bought it from Mike Kohl not long
after he brought it into the United States. Hyundai works but is ******* slow! ;)

I also have my second one - Nokia Mediamaster 9200 - that is my first DVB receiver that had blind
scanning capability. The Nokia MM 9200 is still in use today for blind scanning potential DVB signals
that my spec analyzer shows could have a SR less than 1000. It does a far better job of finding <1000 SR
signals than any of my other receivers or PCI tuner cards. I also end up watching some of the less than
1000 SR signals on the Nokia because it seems to tune those really low SR DVB signals better than any of
my other receivers or PCI cards.

my first cband receiver was an old 70 mhz receiver astron with down converter lna don"t have that one any more back in "86 but I have been out of satellite for 5 yrs now but still have some of my equipment sitting.
my first impeg dvb fta receiver which i still have is a prosat 3500 not sure if it works or not any more

The first one I got was a usb matchbox pro which I was never able to get to work on my computer.The 2nd one I got which was the first one that worked is a Neusat HD!It had a very slow and sometimes locking up blind scan.I still have both models.

Yes, still have my first receiver, but I've only been into FTA for about a year and a half. My first was a $20 X2-M1 DVB receiver that I bought to see if FTA was something I could do or not, didn't want to spend a lot of money if it turned out to be a bust. Then I got a X2-HD. I want to eventually replace that with a Micro-HD.

Like Scott, I had (and still have) a Fortec Lifetime Ultra I picked up at the Mike & Key show some years back. Nice box, but it started "nodding off". Took me some time to get a new box, but when I got some cash (and a widescreen telly) in came the MicroHD.

Been at it just over 5 years and yes, still have my first Visionsat IV200. Sits on the shelf with my second, a Fortec Star Mercury II. I am thinking about setting one of them up for my son's Moldovan wife. She really enjoyed seeing TV from "home" on 97W when they were here for Christmas.

Yes....and I've been in FTA more than 5 years

I first used a Uniden satellite receiver around 15 years ago. Someone gave it to me and I purchased a 6 foot C-Band Dish and used a Primestar dish to pick up stations. I remember watching NBC off the satellite because Dish did not offer the locals back then and I could not pick the station up with an antenna. Used my Primestar dish for that. I seen Tom Brokaw during commercial breaks with a huge desk rolled around to him as he typed on the computer. Saw him drop his glasses and he was like "oh sh**".

Yes, I still have mine and I have been in FTA more than 5 years.

Pansat 2500A, (not a clone), right here in this room.

Also, my 2nd rx, Pansat 2700A, (also, not a clone). same location. E_V

No and have been in FTA more than 5 years. I would still have it, but I was out tinkering with Cband dish with too short of an RG6 cable. The CBand Dish moved and pulled the receiver onto the cement floor. I was lucky it did not take the TV with it. Fortec Mercury II receiver.

This April will be five years for FTA and still have my FORTEC STAR Dynamic which will be going out with my spring cleaning.

Plan this spring is to buy the latest MicroHD and move out all other FTA receivers clogging the garage.

FTA for more than 5 years.
zinwell 9111 receiver. Now in a old entertainment center/storage in a bedroom. Traxis 3500 there too came later.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)